PDA

View Full Version : 'extreme' weight loss

Nathan92
20-01-15, 08:39
I've always been fat, but I'm tall and I carry my weight well...I remember the scales topping 26 stone 5lb... February last year I had some chest pain. I had that checked out and was given pretty must the all clear. At that time I was about 25 stone 6lb or 11lb... About 5 month later I had an anxiety attack which turned into health anxiety which then brought on IBS... I've been up and down since then... Anxiety attacks on one level or the other... Been happy for a few month just the occasionally IBS flare up... but... I'm finding it difficult to stay at a steady weight... I'm now 24 Stone 3lb... I'm not dieting... I feel okay in myself bar aches and pains but I'm getting worried about the weight loss... I'm happy I'm finally losing weight but it's coming off too quickly.. Last week, 24 stone 7, Yesterday it went up to 24 stone 9 and down to 24 3 today.. I might add I've been bunged up and this morning I managed to erm.... clear that out... still regardless I'm dropping it too fast.

had bloods done about 1 month ago all normal no action ... not sure about thyroid though... Done some research on hyperthyroidism and I hit a good chunk of the symptoms....

ideas anyone?

Mindknot
20-01-15, 09:57
You've only lost a stone in nearly a year, that's not extreme - especially as it's been an anxious year - the pounds part can vary from day to day as it's dependent on your hydration levels, what you've eaten, what you've uh... evacuated... it's not extreme at all really. Your IBS will inevitably cause you to lose weight without doing much, especially if it tends toward the D. Just keep eating, stay hydrated and I'm sure it will stabilise. :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

N.B. I said the much the same to my doctor when I was anxious and had lost about a stone, she just said - "Well done!"