PDA

View Full Version : Ears driving me mad - massive cancer fears AGAIN :(

snowflake293
20-01-15, 09:29
Hi everyone

My ears are really driving me mad. One ear feels all gunky and blocked on and off, worse in the mornings.

Cancer couldn't cause this could it? I read somewhere online that sinus cancer can cause ear problems so of course I am panic central about it :(

I have had crackling/blocked ears on and off (both ears but more so in my left ear) for months and saw a GP who said it was Eustachian tube dysfunction and would go away. It did go away for a week or so but came back. If it was cancer surely it would be constant?

My glands are swollen too and I am tired/achy and sometimes get blood when I blow my nose (although not for a few days)

I know I am being weak asking for reassurance but I just can't function and I really need some help and support today :(

To add to the anxiety I tested positive for 'rheumatoid factor' in some blood tests and although the result was 'borderline' my GP is referring me to a rheumatologist so really worrying over what is wrong with me. So, so scared I have a seriously illness that is going to stop me having a baby one day :(

Feel so scared :(

xxx

RedXIII
20-01-15, 22:07
I believe it would be constant. There would be damage or tumors in there that only grew and made it worse.

If it makes you feel any better I am going through the same thing with my left ear. It has started to cause me pain all over the side of my head and I am feeling really dizzy all the time.

I went to the walk-in clinic today and the doctor prescribed me some penicillin and a nasal steroid. She didn't seem to concerned and didn't even give me any follow up instructions.

I am sure that what we have is fairly benign.

snowflake293
21-01-15, 15:22
Thanks for your reply RedXIII. I think that makes sense, if it was a tumour I would be having constant issues, not issues that come and go.

Sorry to hear you are having similar problems :( it's naff isn't it? Feeling dizzy is no fun either, and of course made worse by anxiety :( Hope you feel better soon, it's good news though they weren't overly concerned.

I have been sneezing a lot and feel quite warm so I suspect I have a virus or cold or something but of course I am worrying I have lymphoma :(

So fed up of feeling like this :(