PDA

View Full Version : family relations

jj82
20-01-15, 18:03
Hi guys. Hope you are well.

I have been a bit down for the last couple of days. Please forgive me, if the subject of my topic is in the wrong forum. Here is the thing: I am very close to my mum, and I love her dearly. I also have a good relationship with my father ( they are divorced, and have different partners). A couple of days ago, I brought home to meet my mum the man I wish to marry in the near future. He is amazing , and mum does not have a problem with his personality. The only problem (for her) is that he is blind in one eye + his blind eye is discoloured (it is fully white). I do not mind that. Actually, I do not even notice it by now, but it is a problem for her. She can't get over it, and thinks that I should be with someone who is not disabled in any way. She says she will make peace with it if I am happy, but i want her to be happy for me, not just tolerate the man I so deeply love.

My father is ok about my bf appearance.

I panic ( without showing it, of course) that I may lose one of them over this in the future. Any suggestions, guys? Have you ever been in this type of situation (or witnessed it )? how did it resolve itself?

MRS STRESS ED
20-01-15, 18:30
hi love to be honest I am very sad to hear how your mum has reacted its quite shocking ,ask her if you lost your sight would see instantly stop loving you ,your happiness should be enough for her ,she should be ashamed he isn't an alien just
remind her no one is perfect and if he is the one that makes you happy well why should you need her approval :mad:

Lyn89
20-01-15, 18:37
I think the best thing you can do is teach her the valuable lesson that love goes deeper than looks and she needs to get over her prejudice. You love him and want to marry him, that's all that matters. Stay with the man you love and maybe she'll realise that

jj82
20-01-15, 18:48
Thanks so much. Just had a talk with her about it. She says it is my choice, but she just imagined it differently for me. She will accepted it, of course, but i can hear how sad she is. And I am sad now too :(