PDA

View Full Version : scared

katie42
11-01-07, 16:04
Hi there

I am new to this forum and just wanted to know if anybody has got any advice or been through a similar experience.

I have suffered from panick attacks and more recently really bad anxiety for some years now. I was put onto seroxat for years and managed to come off them last year ( which was a horrible time for me). I then went onto another drug citalopram last year and managed to come off them quite quickly. I am now drug free, which I am really pleased about, but I still have to deal with the same feelings everyday and sometimes to scared to leave the house ( now have ibs too )

My problem now is that I have been putting off getting pregant because I am so scared, not only about the labor but incase I get morning sickness ( I have a real phobia about feeling sick) and having to go to hospital and my husband not being able to be stay with me and sleep in the same room as me .

I know that if i do not give it a go, I will regret it forever - BUT HOW WILL I COPE, I only need to walk pass a hospital and I have severe anixtey.

thanks for your time in reading this
Katie xx

dontknow
11-01-07, 16:21
hello im new to, i suffer severe anxiety but im pleased to report i have given birth 3 times not once but 3 times yes it hurts but when you hold that baby in your arms there isnt another feeling in this world to describe how wonderful you will feel, i also had an uncomplicated births so they send you straight home my last birth 2 years ago i left the hospital at 5am 2 hours after giving birth so no over night stays plus i never had any sickness!!! if i can you can

trac67
11-01-07, 16:39
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

manmoor
11-01-07, 17:55
Hi Katie,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

kittykat
11-01-07, 18:06
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the site, you'll find a lot of support here and everyone is great.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

clickaway
11-01-07, 18:19
Welcome to the site Katie.

You said it - "I will regret it forever" - and remember that we can only get better by facing the fear.

But maybe you ought to face the vomit phobia first and see how you get on. I'm sure others on here will come along who are much more qualified than me!

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

honeybee3939
11-01-07, 18:31
Hi Katie,

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea

xxxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
11-01-07, 20:19
Hi Katie

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel