PDA

View Full Version : Skin marks

LE
21-01-15, 06:50
On New Year's Eve I woke up with red blotches on my in bed arm between elbow and bicep. They looked like little bruises. This got me into a huge panic about cancer and petechia. They disappeared within 48 hours. I did mention to gp last week and showed her the photo I took she said it was due to trauma as I had just been moving house and was lifting lots etc. she was totally unconcerned.

Since then I am inspecting my skin for any change. I've noticed that when I scratch my thighs I sometimes get a tiny dot that doesn't blanch. Just a dot. I've also notice in the morning my thighs look at bit red. But I also sleep with an electric blanket so I'm not sure if it's heat related as it disappears quickly.

I am worried about cancer or liver problems. I can't stop obsessing and looking intently at my skin.

Can anyone help please? I am trying to resist getting bloods done as I always let the anxiety take over and get medical testing and it's always normal. Had my bloods done about 8 months ago.

mnaha
21-01-15, 08:22
Listen to your doctor...I get the samething that last at least 48 hours and my wife woke up the other day with what looked to be bruises on her face ,three of them...I watched them through the day and into the night and the next day they were gone..If I were you worry about something else for awhile...everyone gets these everytime they sleep on their arms or hands or legs crossed or however..it happens.. take care and forget the testing.. its nothing really.. I promise