PDA

View Full Version : Tight Scalp

paranoidjh
21-01-15, 10:31
Waiting for results of an MRI on my head and panicking like mad.

My scalp feels so tight I could cry - husband says I am bringing it on myself and it is a stress headache. I cannot believe that anxiety and stress would cause this. Help

Serenity1990
21-01-15, 10:59
Tebsion headaches are probably one of the hallmark signs of stress or anxiety. They can be pretty damn severe.

Libra
21-01-15, 11:00
I get that too with pressure usually left side head and even lightheaded with it

paranoidjh
21-01-15, 11:23
Thanks for your replies, It feels like someone is pulling my hair out, my face feels tight too. I am so scared of the MRI results tomorrow, cannot stop thinking about it, doesn't matter how many times people tell you it will be fine and don't worry - its impossible. I am convinced my headaches are down to a brain tumour or acoustic neuroma

AthenaFaeyrn
21-01-15, 11:48
I get tight scalp too! It's strange, because they don't feel like conventional headaches or migraines to me, but I notice them usually when I lightly touch a certain place on my head / scalp and notice that it is very painful or sore (like it's bruised or been bumped), when I press it. Is that anything like what you're having? They always bring out some awful anxiety in me too!

paranoidjh
21-01-15, 12:07
Its at the top of my head, just feels really tight, am thinking it is probably stress and the worry over the MRI results. I am really feeling it today, this time tomorrow it will nearly be over.

Libra
21-01-15, 12:07
Mines so tight at times ive gone lightheaded just rubbing it.

Adam81
21-01-15, 14:07
This is not medical advice by any means but honestly if you had a brain tumour you would definitely know about it. I have spent a lot of time with someone with a brain tumour and the pain she was in was unbelievable, plus almost constant vomiting and passing out.

Try not to worry, stress and tension can cause wicked headaches.