PDA

View Full Version : Lower left side pelvic pain

GirlAfraid23
21-01-15, 12:58
I'm back again.

Recently posted onto the female issues board - I had a UTI on Saturday and was treated with antibiotics for three days.

Since then, I've had lower pelvic pain on and off - it's more painful when I urinate but I'm also a little constipated. I've had this pain before when I've had trapped wind...but you can't have that for days on end surely?

Can anyone shed some light? It's not unbearable pain but there is still pain.

.Poppy.
23-01-15, 00:50
Did you have the pain before the UTI? What clued you in on the UTI?

Does it hurt when you press on the area, or not? Does passing gas relieve the pain at all?

I had a similar pain, but on my right side a couple of months ago. It started higher up and then slowly moved downward, and hurt when I pressed on the area. There were times it felt like trapped wind and others when it felt like cramps.

Anyway, I went to the doc and he said it was likely either a UTI (which he gave me antibiotics for after a urine test) or something called "mittelschmerz" which he said was harmless and is basically pain during ovulation (I was ovulating at the time). I think it really could have been either - I tend to cramp a bit during ovulation anyway, but my urine had high something or other so a UTI was a possibility.

A few days ago, I had similar symptoms but it didn't hurt when I pressed on it, it was on the left side instead of the right, and passing gas relieved the pain a bit. After a day the pain subsided. Probably again, ovulation combined with stomach issues.

Anyway, if you still have the pain in a couple of days, I'd go see your doc and make sure the UTI cleared up like it was supposed to. It's probably nothing serious, but if you need more antibiotics you need more antibiotics and if it's a female problem or trapped wind - it should go away in a couple of days on it's own anyhow :)

GirlAfraid23
23-01-15, 11:46
Did you have the pain before the UTI? What clued you in on the UTI?

Does it hurt when you press on the area, or not? Does passing gas relieve the pain at all?

I had a similar pain, but on my right side a couple of months ago. It started higher up and then slowly moved downward, and hurt when I pressed on the area. There were times it felt like trapped wind and others when it felt like cramps.

Anyway, I went to the doc and he said it was likely either a UTI (which he gave me antibiotics for after a urine test) or something called "mittelschmerz" which he said was harmless and is basically pain during ovulation (I was ovulating at the time). I think it really could have been either - I tend to cramp a bit during ovulation anyway, but my urine had high something or other so a UTI was a possibility.

A few days ago, I had similar symptoms but it didn't hurt when I pressed on it, it was on the left side instead of the right, and passing gas relieved the pain a bit. After a day the pain subsided. Probably again, ovulation combined with stomach issues.

Anyway, if you still have the pain in a couple of days, I'd go see your doc and make sure the UTI cleared up like it was supposed to. It's probably nothing serious, but if you need more antibiotics you need more antibiotics and if it's a female problem or trapped wind - it should go away in a couple of days on it's own anyhow :)

The pain tends to come and go...it's worse on some days more than others.
I am ovulating currently...according to my period tracker app.
Yes passing gas sometimes relieves it but then it seems to come back again :(

I'm scared to go back to the GP because I'm in a new area and I hate visiting the doctor or anywhere medical by myself.

I knew I had a UTI last week, because I had pain when urinating and a lot of pain in my uretha area. I also had the urge constantly and felt I had a constant full bladder. Plus a burning pain too.
All of that has gone...except the urge...that's still hanging around and now this pelvic pain, which wasnt there before.

I wish I could just be healthy! I am constipated quite a bit...and do suffer from IBS, trapped wind, bouts of constipation and loose bowels...the lot really!