PDA

View Full Version : hello im new

dontknow
11-01-07, 16:11
hello i would like to introduce myself im a working mother of 3 who has suffered with anxiety for as far back as i can ever remember,only i can go months feeling great being loud bubbly everybodies best friend and rock then all of a sudden bang my big black cloud comes hoovering over to get me again, im shaking cant go to work cant care for the kids i just cant do my jokes and banter that everybody relies on because im frightened, im scared beyond belief, everybodies out to get, if i step outdoors everybody i know has schemed together to get me they know all my moves. My mind over exaggerating i know but i cant help it i know its all rediculous if i could switch my mind off all my problems would be solved. you see i have a really good life its not fair of me you are thinking, i know i just have an incredible fear of violence why i dont know this time i am going to get some help my doctor has refered me for some therapy but in the mean time he has put me on tablets citalopram, its the first time i have taken anymedication for my anxiety/depression its my second day on the pills and im starting to wish i hadnt started them i would appreciate some feed back on the pills from anyone who has taken them, sorry its so long!!!!!!!!!!!!

katie42
11-01-07, 16:20
Hi

I am new to this website, so hello. I was on citalorpram last year and they were alot better then when I was on seroxat. I had no side effects from taking them and were quite easy to come off ( i did it in veyy small stages).
I am now drug free and still suffer from anixety and bad phobias too, but i really feel that drugs did not help. I have been like this for years and the best things that have helped me is my husband, yoga and seeing a therapist and even try accupunctre it can really help with feeling relaxed and calm.
good luck with everthing and talking about is the best way
Katie xxx

trac67
11-01-07, 16:42
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

yorkylover
11-01-07, 17:18
Hi there and welcome.Im on citalopram,side affects were horrid,but they settled down after two weeks.your body has to get used to them.it does get better.You will get lots of support here.:)

Ellen XX

manmoor
11-01-07, 17:54
Hi,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

kittykat
11-01-07, 18:05
Hi there ,

Welcome to the site, you'll find a lot of help and support here. As for the tablets i'm on prozac (2nd month) and I was scared at first as well, some people get side effects , others don't try to stick with them they can help and take up to a month to work. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

honeybee3939
11-01-07, 18:31
Hi,

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea

xxxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

dontknow
11-01-07, 19:33
thank you all for your kind welcome, i just had a massive anxiety attack my husband was great but pleases somebody tell me this will end cos i cant go on like this

nomorepanic
11-01-07, 20:14
Hi

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Lindalou64
12-01-07, 00:09
welcome
yes it will ease.........just stay positive.......im sure you will find lots of support and info...wish ya the best.....linda[8D]