PDA

View Full Version : Should I trust my doc?

Jackmank
21-01-15, 19:39
I have posted some recent posts about a picture of a reddish completely round lump I have had on my leg around 5mm accross, I had a doctor look around 10 months ago who said it was fine recently been to see a locum gp who said it looks benign and shouldn't worry.

I was convinced I had melenoma and didn't believe him, so I went back to the doctor and seen a more experience doctor who said that it is 100% not melanoma, could this be missed?

She said it's possible that its basal cell carcinoma, and I should have it removed to ease my anxiety.

This is 54 days away,

Should I rest with this diagnosis?

Fishmanpa
21-01-15, 20:09
So you're asking if three medical professionals with an estimated 50+ years of combined experience could be wrong? What would be the odds of that? ;)

Positive thoughts

wnsos
21-01-15, 20:10
Yes you should. :)

luc
21-01-15, 20:13
yes

ninnie
21-01-15, 20:17
Sounds fair enough to me, but if you are still concerned, ask if they can sort it out a little sooner. If you had a third opinion would it make you any less anxious? Are you on any meds or getting help for your anxiety? I am sure they would have you in much sooner if they thought it was an issue.

Jackmank
22-01-15, 19:34
I have a terrible thought that they could be wrong, but what are the chances a doctor with atleast 20 years medical experience to say she is 100% sure it isn't melanoma to be incorrect?

Fishmanpa
22-01-15, 20:02
Iwhat are the chances a doctor with atleast 20 years medical experience to say she is 100% sure it isn't melanoma to be incorrect?

For a moment, putting HA aside and the fact that 3 doctors, one of which has 20 years experience... What is the answer to that question?

Positive thoughts

Jackmank
22-01-15, 20:57
It would be a clear not much of a chance, our minds always think the worst, I'm convinced this is melanoma