PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian cancer??

ImObsessedWithGlee
21-01-15, 21:47
Okay my new worry of the week is that I have ovarian cancer. I probably don't (in fact I know I don't) but my mind won't let me believe it :(

Basically I have been having some abnormal bleeding that started 3 days ago. I'm fairly sure this bleeding is happening because I forgot to take my birth control pill for 3 days in a row and the sudden drop in hormone levels probably made my body think I need to be on my period. This happened last month too when I forgot to take my pill for a few days. The bleeding is not as heavy as it would be on my week break from the pill.

Today, I was standing up and I put my hand on my hip and I felt a really sharp pain on my left side beside my hip bone. The pain only hurts when I press on it but it has me worried it's cancer :( Any idea what could cause the sharp pain I'm feeling when I press on it?

I have lost a bit of weight over the past few weeks but that has been because before I was too anxious to eat, then my neurosurgeon told me my AVM has returned and I have to get brain surgery and my boyfriend broke up with me so I haven't really felt like eating much the past few weeks. I'm starting to get an appetite back now though.

Anyway, do all these symptoms sound like I have ovarian cancer? I'll also add I'm 20 years old and there's no history of cancer in my family at all.

popejoan
21-01-15, 23:45
I don't think bleeding is a symptom of ovarian cancer. Bloating is but not bleeding.
You bled because you forgot to take your pill for 3 days, there is no maybe here, if you forget to take your pill, you bleed. If you don't forget to take your pill but you don't take it at the same time everyday, you probably bleed. The pill must be taken at the same time everyday.
Also the pill lowers the risk of having ovarian cancer as much as 40% and you are too young.
You don't have ovarian cancer but of course you should see your Gp just in case to be safe and tel them how you forget to take your pill for 2-3 days. Hope this could help :)

ImObsessedWithGlee
21-01-15, 23:51
I don't think bleeding is a symptom of ovarian cancer. Bloating is but not bleeding.
You bled because you forgot to take your pill for 3 days, there is no maybe here, if you forget to take your pill, you bleed. If you don't forget to take your pill but you don't take it at the same time everyday, you probably bleed. The pill must be taken at the same time everyday.
Also the pill lowers the risk of having ovarian cancer as much as 40% and you are too young.
You don't have ovarian cancer but of course you should see you Gp just in case to be safe and tel them how you forget to take your pill for 2-3 days. Hope this could help :)

Thank you so much for your reply :) I don't know why but I just assumed bleeding was a symptom of ovarian cancer. The reason I forgot to take it was because my ex-boyfriend had just broke up with me out of nowhere and I was just too upset to even remember to take the pill. It was only when I started bleeding I realised I hadn't taken it in 3 days and it will never happen again. Thanks for helping me :)

popejoan
22-01-15, 00:06
You are welcome and I'm so sorry you had a break up recently. I know how hard it can be, I've been there many times. Also it's a stressful time you're going through so stress and hormones can cause breakthrough bleedings. You are physically fine but if you need emotional support I am here to help, you can always message me. Hope you feel better soon, there's plenty of fish in the sea, it's not the end of the world :)

ImObsessedWithGlee
22-01-15, 00:56
You are welcome and I'm so sorry you had a break up recently. I know how hard it can be, I've been there many times. Also it's a stressful time you're going through so stress and hormones can cause breakthrough bleedings. You are physically fine but if you need emotional support I am here to help, you can always message me. Hope you feel better soon, there's plenty of fish in the sea, it's not the end of the world :)

Thank you so much :) This is the first real breakup I've ever been through so I honestly have no idea what to expect. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world going through it tbh. I'm doing a lot better than I was a few days ago but it still hurts. We ended on good terms though so I have no regrets :) Thanks for your support :)

wnsos
22-01-15, 17:40
Okay my new worry of the week is that I have ovarian cancer. I probably don't (in fact I know I don't) but my mind won't let me believe it :(

Sounds like you do believe it to me. Channel that, channel that fact you know you don't have it. :yesyes: