PDA

View Full Version : Hello i'm new

tymcintosh
02-09-04, 04:29
Hi my name is Ty and i'm up at 4.30 can't sleep, depressing myself. Hope i may find some inspiration on here coz i can't seem to see an end to my anxiety!

sal
02-09-04, 06:31
Hi Ty

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear you are struggling to sleep at the moment, that makes all our problems feel so much harder to cope with.

How long have you been suffering with anxiety, are you getting any help ie counselling or medication.

Write back and let us know how you are getting on hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

tymcintosh
02-09-04, 08:36
Hi Sal

Had a couple of hours sleep now, also feeling alot better after reading some of the topics on here and realising i'm not alone.
I've been suffering with anxiety for about 6 months now and i've been off work for 6 weeks, currently waiting to see a councellor that my doctor is arranging however it has been 5 weeks. I have had medication, cipralex and propranolol(made it worse for me) and am on citalopram at the moment, desperatly hoping that these will help!

Meg
02-09-04, 16:10
Hi Ty,

Whilst off sick use your time well perhaps making any lifestyle changes that are well overdue .

We will include you in our self therapy until your own turns up..

Try these posts for some tips

Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge/topic.asp?
TOPIC_ID=1141

What started all this off for you ?

Your drugs will take about 4- 6 weeks to kick in .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

Karen
02-09-04, 16:24
Hi Ty

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find lots of helpful advice and support here.

Briary

tymcintosh
02-09-04, 19:03
Hi

**What started all this off for you ?**
Not sure if its to do with the stress in my job, I dont have much stress in my personal life although I am not a confident person. Could it have stemmed from drugs because I used to be quite a heavy cocaine user??? but I could no longer do any drugs apart from prescribed ones from my GP.

Ty

Meg
02-09-04, 19:06
Ah that answers my question form elsewhere . I wondered !!
Yes Cocaine is a great panic starter.

Meg

sal
02-09-04, 19:08
Hi Ty

Sorry you are off work at present but feeling how you do it is probably best to take time and get yourself sorted.

Unfortunately it could have been the drugs that have brought this on, as it is known.

I am on cipramil and it took me a while to get used to it but it has helped me loads. Keep perservering with it and i am sure it will help you.

Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
02-09-04, 19:13
Hi Ty

Welcome to the message forum.

You could be waiting a while for CBT etc so make sure that you use the time off to try and help yourself.

Read as much as you can from the website and also this forum and make sure you are eating well and doing some exercise every day.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Nicola

sarah
02-09-04, 19:49
Hello Ty

Welcome to the site, I hope you get the inspiration you need on here now you definately know you arent alone.

Im on Cipramil too and have nothing but good things to say about it so I hope it helps you too.

Take care
love Sarah
xx

richardy
02-09-04, 20:38
TY,

Conselling frees my mind, its good to know that someone will listen to you without any emotional ties, there like a squiddgy soundboard absorbing everything, and suggesting techniques which will enable you to cope.

I used to find it hard to sleep, i would fall asleep then wake up at stupid o'clock and not sleep again. I've tried writing my issues down and then just relaxing, breathing nicely, putting on radio 4 and listening.

Failing that i seem to remember Countdown was on channel 4 and that did the trick for me.

Anyway you have my support.

Richard

seh1980
02-09-04, 23:28
hello there,

Welcome to the site - hope we can help!!

Sarah :D

pyramid
03-09-04, 11:13
good morning, i'm new to all this but maybe there is somone who can help me and give me any advice. I suffer from panic attacks every day, the only day i never had a panic attack was on my wedding day, 14/08/04 which i thought was very strange. no one really understands me and the only advice people seem to give me is, its all in my mind, and i'm being silly.

Meg
03-09-04, 14:01
Hi Pyramid

Do start a new topic in introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself -

when you say everyday - how long has this been happening for ?

What symptoms are worse for you ?

Have you seen a doctor, are you taking any meds ?
Have you had any therapy ?

Congratulations on your wedding last month .

It may or may not be all in your mind - hard to tell until we hear a bit more about you and your circumstances

However - you have come to the right place - we do understand !!

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

nomorepanic
03-09-04, 19:00
Hi Pyramid

Welcome to the site. As Meg suggests start your own topic under this same heading so that we can all offer some advice to you.

If you didnt have a panic attack on your wedding day it was probably because you were busy and your mind occupied with the day. That should show you that it can be done on other days too.

Hope to hear back from you again.

Nicola