PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Emily, 18, living with extreme anxiety and ptsd and looking for support.

emilyy
22-01-15, 11:52
Hey everyone, I'm Emily and i'm 18 years old.

I suffer from extreme social anxiety and PTSD. I've suffered with social anxiety all my life but left college in my final year to work from home when i started suffering severe anxiety after a break through in counselling. I worked from home and managed to finish my final year of college from my home. I suffered from extreme depression last year but am finally starting to feel better and happier in myself, however I am left unable to leave the house or communicate to people face to face or over the phone without feeling extremely anxious and panicked; making life very isolated and hard to deal with.

I tried CAMS therapy but as I find it very hard to talk to people face to face working with a therapist brought too much anxiety and i had to stop.

I am currently self employed working from home ( as i find it hard to leave) and looking into if I qualify for any benefits. I live with my parents but would like to contribute to my food and electrical usage as money is tight and my parents can't really afford it.

I have spent months searching online, but as I find it hard to talk to people on the phone or face to face I feel completely stuck.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice I wold be extremely grateful.

- Emily :)

venusbluejeans
22-01-15, 11:57
Hiya emilyy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Pragonoxify
22-01-15, 17:12
Hi Emily, i'm very much the same as you so understand completely. Have you ever spoke to someone about this in person and just let everything out? Like a parent or best friend?

Don't rush yourself, take things at your own pace. x