PDA

View Full Version : eyesight is defo worsening

goldenchicks522
22-01-15, 14:29
basically from about 14 or 15 in school i noticed i had trouble reading the board in class. so I knew from then I had myopia.

I put off going to the opticians about it, till when i was i think 19 or 20. I think it was 20. Basically they were kinda shocked id never been to see about glasses, as my vision is that bad and distance is *very* blurry. I'm ok fro close up stuff, but far away stuff is actually well now I have to say impossible.

It never really clicked till recently in college, my turor said about these people who did close up work on editing photos (like negatives or the prints from a film camera) and basically he said something like 'i wouldnt wanna be them because their eyesight was gone after doing it for yrs' and it just clicked, that if that happened to them, maybe thats whats happening to me>

Now i unfortunaetley feel i need to wear my glasses (for distance obviously) more often even maybe to enable things to be further away when im doing computer work or reading and writing.

I just want my vision back but at the same time with this body image issue i have i cant get used to these glasses or get used to the fact that how is ee myself in them is how i really look to me its very ugly :(

Ive really tried to get on without using them much, but sadly i now feel i need them more. I wish there was something else they could do on me like laser treatment, maybe if i "had" to have normal vision, i'd have to get used to it and i would get used to it, I don't know I have anxiety, depression (ten times worse because of these worries about my eyes) and its really bringing me down.
I can still cope in college without them but now i know its got wors,e ive developed floaters at times, and i cant even see in the shops unless im closer up to things now. It is very unsettling me.

But im really worried as to why it appears to be getting worse could there be a reason? is this because im on the computer all day every day mostly and if i stopped, it might improvce? I'm worried because online things when I read them all say this should/seems to stop getting worse at age 20, but im so sure its got worse that i cant really mistake it or it just be my imagination.

Should I rely on the glasses more since it just seems to be getting wprse over time anyway?

wnsos
22-01-15, 17:36
Have you tried contacts? I held off on getting my eyes tested for 10+ years but when I got my glasses I was so happy I could see that the world was like something brand new. I reckon with younger generations, we've been using computers for years and I know that's to blame for my eyesight. I was lucky that we didn't have computers at school back then, at least not decent ones so it only started to deteriorate in my 20s thru excessive use. Definitely computers/smart phones etc are the reason. And you should definitely wear your glasses. I've missed out on loads without mine. If you're self conscious with them, maybe try on different frames if you can?