PDA

View Full Version : keep smelling bacon!

Alice1
23-01-15, 01:26
I keep smelling bacon recently. At odd times even though there is (I don't think any bacon!!!!).
I went downstairs just now even though it's 1am and it was really strong but then disappeared 2 minutes later. Then came back then disappeared again.

I keep seeing flickers of people out the corner of my eye, and have been getting weird head/face sensations and on/off headaches recently and I'm so scared!

Now I feel really odd and really really dizzy and my head I don't know if it's jsut because it's late or what.

Do I have a brain tumor or am I going to die.
Please help I feel so off balance right now.

Carnation
23-01-15, 01:46
Alice1,smelling weird things, seeing weird things and hearing weird things can be Anxiety. There is a similar thread on here about smelling burning wood. Try to stay calm and don't Google your symptoms, that will make it worse. Have a glass of water, breath in and out slowly and think of positive things. :)

Alice1
23-01-15, 01:58
Alice1,smelling weird things, seeing weird things and hearing weird things can be Anxiety. There is a similar thread on here about smelling burning wood. Try to stay calm and don't Google your symptoms, that will make it worse. Have a glass of water, breath in and out slowly and think of positive things. :)

ok, i have a doctors appointment by coincidence in about 6 and a half hours, but I'm juse so scared to sleep until then? What if I die in my sleep. i guess dizziness and nausea can be caused by anxiety and tiredness but what if it's not.
I don't want to collapse in my room and no-one know

BikerMatt
23-01-15, 02:10
Absolutely 100% nausea and dizziness is caused by anxiety :)

Alice1
23-01-15, 02:30
I feel a bit calmer now. The dizziness is less. I panic cleaned my room and text my very kind and patient friend and feel a bit better.

I have blocked ears so maybe that's causing some symptoms
And I had an eye test today so I guess I don't need to worry about MS as they did the pressure test thing.
And they can detect some brain tumours and other diseases and they said my eyes etc were healthy so that's very good.

Maybe I am adjusting to new glasses although the precription hasn't changed much so it's more likely anxiety i guess.

Obviously I'm unlikely to die from dizziness and smelling wierd things, so I'llt alk to my doctor tomorrow and see what she says. I think I'll talk to her about all the things that are bothering me and hopefully that will help.

I still feel a bit dizzy but better now and am going to have a glass of water, thank you everyone.

Craze200
23-01-15, 02:42
Alice its no brain tumour. You will be fine. You are lucky your posts get replies as mine don't.

Fishmanpa
23-01-15, 03:01
Alice its no brain tumour. You will be fine. You are lucky your posts get replies as mine don't.

I took a look and your posts have gotten replies, encouragement and good advice.

Positive thoughts

Craze200
23-01-15, 03:20
Not my latest one and it causing me the greatest concern.

AlexandriaUK
23-01-15, 09:45
I know it is a weird episode, and hard to except as just a human idiosyncrasy but I smell bacon loads, no ones cooking it and I haven't cooked any in days but it just appears.
As for the wuzzy heads they are usually post or the onset of a cold or just our balance gone a bit asquew, I have had a low grade headache for three weeks, had eyes tested and my prescription was too strong, either way can cause wuzzy head and headaches, I have decided that smelling food, bacon being my commonest is me wanting food, not necessarily needing it..
Hope your visit to Doc helps.

Carnation
23-01-15, 19:51
How did you get on at the Doctors?