PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and sinus problems

Nathand91
24-01-15, 15:26
Hey everyone just wondering if anyone suffers sinus problems and if so how often?

RedXIII
24-01-15, 16:11
I think I am going through this right now.

They are so persistant and varried that it always causes me a lot of stress.

Headaches, dizziness, earaches, doctors not taking it seriously.

snowflake293
24-01-15, 17:58
I have constant sinus and ear problems... I was told years ago I have nasal polyps.

My sinuses 'feel' worse when my health anxiety is bad because I focus on them more.

My nose kept bleeding when I blew it for a few weeks which was scary but its stopped now and the Dr said it was due to cold weather and central heating drying my sinuses.

Sometimes one nostril is blocked and I worry but it always re opens. My nose is always a bit stuffy/runny.

Libra
24-01-15, 19:32
I seem to have sinus and shoulder.neck tension always at same time

swgrl09
24-01-15, 19:58
Yes, been through it all with my sinuses ... almost. Still trying to put off surgery. I have some threads from earlier this year with how anxious they made me.

I have had allergies for a few years, but this year for some reason the meds I was on did not cut it and my sinuses were so bad from July - November ... got tested, turns out it was ragweed, on top of dust, pet dander, mold, etc. Once the ragweed died off it improved a little, although still can feel them swell if it is dusty or I haven't kept up wtih cleaning the cat fur.

My symptoms were pressure behind the eyes, headaches, heavy eyelids, facial pain, sometimes stuffy nose but not always, dizziness really bad, and every few weeks it would catch up with me and I'd get a fever because things were so clogged they'd get infected.

I tried everything I could over the counter ... all the anti-histamines that I could get, nose spray, was using a neti-pot twice a day, it was really brutal. Finally my doctor sent me to an ENT, who told me he could do surgery with a balloon up my nose to stretch them open, but if my allergies were still out of control it might get bad again ... so I am waiting on the surgery and currently trying allergy shots first ... I hope to get enough immunity by ragweed season that I don't need surgery...

Some other things that can help are steam, a steroid nose spray helped enough that I wasn't getting sick all the time (from the allergist), and a prescription strength antihistamine.

Throughout this my anxiety was through the roof because I couldn't fix it and it felt like trial and error. I am hopeful it isn't as bad next summer.

What are you going through?

Ange1
24-01-15, 23:00
Yes I've had periods of sinus problems For many years but in 2013 it was really bad. I couldn't even lie down in bed without going all dizzy and feeling like someone had smacked in the face with a hammer! I wasn't sleeping and felt so unwell. I Saw the doctor a few times for the usual steroid sprays etc and used every product on the market until I was recommended a herbal tincture called Plantago. Drops in water each day and began to see results in about week. I continued to take it for about 6 months and have had no more problems for almost a year now. I don't even get the annoying blocked up feeling that has plagued me for ever. X

Libra
25-01-15, 12:45
I.ll take a look at that product thanks Ange 1
I seem to have constant one sided nasal stuffiness, fullness,pressure above ear or top of head.Dizzy when its really acting up. Going into cold air can trigger it too.Also occasionally get puffiness beneath eye or eyelid. Did you get any of this ?

Carnation
25-01-15, 18:52
Yes, I get Sinus problems too. Mine seems to be worse going from hot to cold and cold to hot environments. This effects me with the seasons as well.

Natalie2389
08-03-19, 19:28
Hi I no this is an old thread but I believe I have sinus issues and my health anxiety is fuelling it . My nose feels heavy and my forehead .. please can anyone calm me down

Scaniaman612
08-03-19, 21:19
Hi folks,just a quick one,i also suffer from awful sinus trouble.I have tried all otc sprays etc,nothing seems to work.What are these Plantago drops?Can you get them from Holland and Barrett etc?.
If there any sinus sufferers out there that read this could you olease give me some advice as its driving me mad.
Thanks again.

Carnation
12-03-19, 10:14
I find manuka honey helps a lot!
Don't sit to near a radiator and get fresh air daily.

Scaniaman612
12-03-19, 22:16
funny you should mention radiators Carnation,whenever i go to my Mothers,she has them on quite high at this time of year and ive noticed recently that i start with a headache and dry sinus,s after being there for only a short time.

Pixelwoo
17-02-22, 23:29
I seem to only find old threads! I've had a cold and cough after getting Covid in January (currently mid Feb) and it's now a post nasal drip and bad nose / forehead pressure that seems to get worse then better with dizziness and palpitations. I am also having on and off back and oesophageal pains.

shazbog
20-02-22, 08:32
I seem to only find old threads! I've had a cold and cough after getting Covid in January (currently mid Feb) and it's now a post nasal drip and bad nose / forehead pressure that seems to get worse then better with dizziness and palpitations. I am also having on and off back and oesophageal pains.

I am exactly the same since having covid - tested positive 1 February so almost 3 weeks ago and although I feel better in myself now left with terrible post nasal drip/catarrh and really gunky cough and feel need to cough all time - does seem ok at night when sleeping so think my anxiety is fuelling this all somewhat