PDA

View Full Version : Neglected!

Ollie28
24-01-15, 17:06
I'm fed up of this now,

I ended up in A&E early hours Thursday morning my wife has to ring a ambulance and as usual I was treated like I was crazy!

I woke about 2 am suddenly I felt like I was having a stroke - I could just manage to sit up but felt weak so weak I couldn't speak or move my arms or legs u felt like i was wrapped up or under water under pressure - I managed to wake my wife she walked around the bed and tried to pull me up but my legs wasn't working I couldn't stand up proper I stood bent over leaning on the bottom of my bed I couldn't talk proper I was slurring any words I could manage to get out - my wife tried to make me walk but I couldnt I thought I was having a stroke - I started go panic I couldn't feel my legs or move or talk, my wife rang 111 they got a ambulance out, within 30 mins it had waring off but I was taken to A&E

The Dr was a young lad, as soon as i walked in .....have you seen things or heard voices...!!!!??

I told him no!!! No!! No!! I've been like this for 12 months solid I'm struggling tho think I'm in pain sometimes so severe I'm in my hands and knees screaming! I'm having some sort of seizures I can't talk proper or think at all! And this is the 2nd time in 3 weeks this has happend to ME now, he tested my reactions and said well you had blood tests last week you don't have no infections or its not a clot! ....how does he know that from no tests?

I was just not with it, I can remember he went away left me on my own for 30 mins I was in agony and felt sick i tried to get some water but couldn't - I started to have one of these episodes I have I suddenly go weak and can barely think at all my whole body feels shut down and I slur my words n thoughts he just said "calm down there nothing I can do tonight il write to your gp" and sent me home. I'm just so bad I can't even argue or feel intelligent enough to figure out what's going on it's only as I right this Im realising AGAIN how Bad I've been treated!
Friday i just went work despite I felt like I was ready to just die I was in pain confused, struggling but I need to keep moving forward otherwise I just sit and stare and struggle.

Today I've been in pain all day in my head, I've been confused and struggling to mentally think, when I do it physically hurts so much!! I feel not with it I can't think to act, I feel thick, in pain, and I can't do anything about it.

I knew though as soon as the paramedic said il take you hospital I just thought what a waste of time!
There's something not write - personally I think I've had some sort of siezure the night this started 12 months ago and I'm now a result of it because the state I'm in is 24/7 pain and confusion with no control over it.

Wish it would just go away and let me mentally and physically feel normal again.

crystal17
24-01-15, 21:33
Bloody hell Ollie... this is really bad the way its being handled.

The doctor said you had blood tests last week, is this true? Do you know what they tested for?

Was your wife with you at the hospital? This is why I suggested maybe writing everything down before something happened again so you or your wife can give it to the doctor to read and it may help them to get more of a picture of the history of all this.

Don't give up, go to your GP monday morning and ask he or she to take you seriously. Failing that, ask to speak to the practice manager and say that you want to make a complaint about the doctors here not taking you seriously. Say it calmly and that you'd like an appointment to discuss it. That should do something.

It's so worrying for you, hope you're ok tonight.

debs71
24-01-15, 23:36
And this is the 2nd time in 3 weeks this has happend to ME now, he tested my reactions and said well you had blood tests last week you don't have no infections or its not a clot! ....how does he know that from no tests?

Sorry you are feeling so unwell at the moment, Ollie.

As far as what that doctor said, the blood tests tell quite a bit. A full blood count and U's and E's will check your red cells and white cells and essential things the body needs like Potassium, Sodium, Glucose, etc. If the White cells were high, and something called CRP - which indicates inflammation - it would show you have an infection of some kind, which is why he said that was ruled out.

A clot (as far as I know) can only be diagnosed test-wise by a D-dimer test or scanning, but perhaps they came to that conclusion based on physically examining you and your symptoms. I am sure they would not say to you that it isn't a clot if there was any suspicion it could be.

This I think is a classic example of how anxiety sufferers can be treated sometimes like they are 'crying wolf' and that their symptoms are driven by their mental health issue. It is an unfair assumption, as who is to say that there is not actually a physical reason rather than a mental one??

I agree that it is worth discussing in full all of this with your GP. You desserve to be taken just as seriously as anyone else, regardless of your medical history or other conditions.

Ollie28
25-01-15, 13:13
Afternoon,

Hi crystal, my wife couldn't come with me in the ambulance our children were asleep at the time so I had to go alone, I'm gona try and get to see my gp tomorrow to see what's going on I can't take much more I honestly can't I'm losing the will to carry on the way I'm living and the state I'm in I've no life at all when I do try and do something I'm in immense pain and struggling.

Regarding the clot situation debs I had a clot on my lung about 10 years ago now It begun with pain in me left side of my back and episodes of tiedness & weakness like I have now, I was miss diagnosed for a week saying i pulled my back playing football it wasn't until I litrally nearly died they done a scan and found a clot, they inject dye in to the blood and scan the body to see where the dye stops if it does, I can't see how he can say there's no clot without tests. I'm not sure what my blood tests was for tbh Im lucky if I even remember to go I forgot my wife told me.

I was a mess yesterday again just following my wife around like a puppet barley able to think for myself, I've just got no mind power or full awareness & little tasks create immense tension type pain, if I sit still and rest I just can't focus I'm in so much pain if I try to do anything normal Im in pain the more I do the worse it gets to the point my brain feels like it's being beep fried & crushed then to even to think about anything is a painful mighty task.
I'm no dr but it feels to me like there's something not there blood, oxygen, what ever it is it's painful.

My dr seems to think it's psychological related but I've no control over what's happening to me, I just wake each day and get through it the best I can.

Looking out long distance hurts I can't focus outwards, light hurts my eyes and head too.

I'm starting go get in to some terrible angry moods which isn't me I'm just frustrated. That's how it feels to old say if you was to get angry really really bad and all the blood flows to the front of your head I feel stuck like this,

It's messed up even when I sleep I'm in pain my minds so tense my body just won't open up and relax back to my self so it feels to me. Can I be stuck in fight mode?

Thanks
Ollie xx

crystal17
25-01-15, 15:01
Aw no I feel so bad for you Ollie, I honestly cant understand why you're not being taken more seriously!

Definitely go to the doctor tomorrow and lets hope you make some progress. I don't know if its physical or psychological but it doesn't really matter, and shouldn't matter to the doctors in a way, nor should the fact that you have anxiety. What matters is you're in constant pain and can't live your life normally at the moment.

Hope it goes ok tomorrow x

Lyn89
25-01-15, 16:05
I'm not sure if it'll be an option for you, but if your GP doesn't take you seriously, you can pay to see a private GP for about £70 or so. I know it's a lot, but they don't access your NHS records and immediately write you off as 'anxious' like NHS healthcare sadly will do. Once it's on there, It's like an explanation for everything because it's easier for them to pawn you off on 'mental health' reasons. At least with an unbiased opinion you can go back with a letter from another professional requesting tests or further investigation. Go above them if possible, it's the easiest way.

inCOGnito
26-01-15, 10:26
I hope you find a solution Ollie. Your GP and the NHS need to inform you much better about the possible reasons for this. It may be something or it might just be the anxiety, the continued stress placed on your body. It's the not knowing that leads to so much confusion and anxiety. You need to press the GP and NHS. They are overworked and under-resourced, but pushing and pushing will help to put more focus on you. Going private negates the need for that, but unless you have the money, keep pressing the docs!