PDA

View Full Version : help...I feel terrible

Coni
11-01-07, 21:19
i feel really bad tonight. Ive had a really horrible day....got stuck in heavy traffic on the way to a training day, gale force winds, torrential rain and I was surrounded by buses and lorries. That was the start. All day Ive felt myself getting more and more tense and i cant switch it off. tonight I feel like I'm going to burst..my stomachs churning, jelly legs,heart pounding, i feel lightheaded. Ive never had a full blown panic attack for years and I dont want to start now. Im in myself with the kids and even the sound of their voices and the television is really getting to me....everything seems amplified. I just wanted to be left alone to sit in the dark with no light, no noise, no one talking to me. But I cant tell them that can I. In a way its good cos if my hubby was here I wouldnt be able to come on here and sound off....he doesnt know I still get like this.

Im trying to slow my breathing....I feel like Im on the verge of tears but i cant do that either. I tried lying in the dark in my room earlier but it didnt work and my back is aching, my senses are on overdrive. I want to scream at the kids to go away but I know its not them....great mother eh? And I cant see them going to bed anytime soon. i dont know why I feel like this now, today..out of the blue.

Sorry for going on..i hoped if I got it all out I'd feel better. Ive got some wine but i dont know if thatll make me better or worse.

thanks for listening

Coni x

kelly246
11-01-07, 21:26
hey coni
sorry to hear your feeling bad today i had a day like that on tuesday try to relax maybe just have one glass of wine that may help you to unwind keep taking deep breaths as i find that helps me also i find reading helps me to relax maybe ask your kids if they want to go and get ready for bed and maybe play in there room or just to keep the noise down a bit hope you feel better soon sorry im not much help xx

groovygranny
11-01-07, 21:28
Hi Coni. It really has been 'orrible weather today hasn't it? And that seems to magnify things that go wrong.

Try not to reach for the wine eh? I know I don't always practice what I preach, but that would probably only make you feel worse the way you're feeling at the mo.

Your kids will survive...you're not a bad mother, you're a good mum having an anxiety episode ok?

You're not going on........we're all here for each other right?

PM me if you feel like it.

lotsa luv to you

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Coni
11-01-07, 21:45
Thank you both for your quick replies I really appreciate it. I think Ill try to give the wine a miss...i dont even want it really, just the effects of it.

Kelly its horrible how this can happen out of the blue isnt it?
Ive got the youngest almost in bed but the other two are 13 and 15 so I cant see them going this early though maybe they could watch tv in their room..i feel like my senses are on hyper alert.

Thank you both again

Coni X