PDA

View Full Version : Feeling of hunger

AnxietySufferer
24-01-15, 19:38
okay, so im not usually a big eater, but over the last few days i have had what seems like a massive appetite... today this has got worse and literally as soon as I eat the hunger pains come back.. but i don't think its because I'm actually hungry.. i don't know whether it is because I haven't been eating too healthy recently.. but i thought I was reaaaally hungry, ate loads of food and the feeling came straight back 20 mins later!
I am also feeling very tired, i wondered whether it could be hormonal related since my periods have been a bit weird (I have had 2 in the space of 2 weeks) an then i was thinking maybe I'm growing still (I'm 18), or I wondered whether its anxiety related??
I needed to talk to someone about it because I know I'm over thinking it but its making it hard for me to relax which is kind of annoying because I only have a couple of days off before I have a lot of work to get done and I really wanted to enjoy this time, but having this feeling there is making it difficult!!

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

i have literally just eaten a big meal and the feelings still there its stressing me out ;(

RedXIII
24-01-15, 22:36
I wish I had this issue.

I havent had an appetite since my HA flared up 5 weeks ago.

anthrokid
25-01-15, 00:02
It could be a number of things, but none of which I would consider particularly serious. It could very well just be that your body is preparing to grow again and needs extra nutrients. It could also be that you are not giving your body food with enough nutrients and vitamins, so it keeps 'craving' more even though you've eaten. Anxiety also uses a lot of energy, so you might just be needing more food for your body to maintain the level of anxiety it has. If you are still worried, you could always make an appointment to see your doctor and see what they think :) It might help reduce your anxiety to have a professional opinion.

AnxietySufferer
25-01-15, 19:38
I have been trying to eat more healthy and the feeling isn't going and its kind of moved up a bit like its just at the bottom of my rib cage, and the feelings more intense when i press on it, its so weird though because I wouldn't describe it as a pain but its getting to me because its always there... the only way i can describe it is like a hungry feeling which doesn't even go straight after I eat.. i also feel rather tired!