PDA

View Full Version : Suffering with anxiety and looking for support..

Dee1982
24-01-15, 20:21
Hi All, I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks on and off since I was a teenager. I am now 32. At the end of last year I went through a tough time with my job and health. I have 2 jobs - an office based job and a teaching job. At the end of last year the teaching job became unbearably stressful and I left it. I suffer from asthma, various allergies and stomach problems (namely reduced peristalsis and laryngealpharyngeal reflux). I had some routine blood tests taken in the middle of 2014 as I wanted to try for a family. The blood test showed that my cholesterol, liver function and sugars were all a little high. I have since been able to control these and lower them, however during that process, and the fact that I haven't fallen pregnant, I have became extremely stressed. I kept on going and telling myself that everything was fine. Then I got the flu which turned in to a chest infection at the start of this year. I had to lay in bed for 2 weeks straight. My lungs are a lot better, however I am unbelievably fatigued. I am now getting odd symptoms like weak arms and legs, tingling in my fingers at time, numb lips at times, brain fog, feeling like I am not quite with it, sadness, anger. I keep thinking that scary things are wrong with me. I feel like I'm constantly worrying about my health and that I'm starting to annoy my husband and family and close friends with my constant worrying. I feel like I am on a downward spiral and I just want to feel better. I feel down and as if I'm not at all like my usual self, and that I can't really be bothered to do anything, e.g. I was invited to a birthday party tonight but made an excuse at the last minute that I didn't feel too good so wouldn't be able to go. I am just looking for some support from the group and a reassurance hopefully that some of the odd symptoms that I'm getting are anxiety related. My dr has done a load of bloods to check things like thyroid, iron, vit b12 and they were all fine. She is referring me to a neurologist to rule out anything worse. I remember getting these feelings years ago when I was at Uni. That is why I'm thinking it may be anxiety related. Any input would be appreciated. xxx

venusbluejeans
24-01-15, 20:26
Hiya Dee1982 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Dee1982
25-01-15, 12:23
Thank you - I will have a look :) Can you please advise how I know when I have a reply to a thread? As it took me ages to find the thread that I had wrote in to check if anyone had replied. Thanks, x

alan15
25-01-15, 18:14
Hi Dee, welcome to NMP, I am not sure how you know if you have a reply to a thread, you can use 'search' and put your own name in and see all the posts on your threads, I hope that helps, ALAN