PDA

View Full Version : Stabbed in the back.

PunkyFish
24-01-15, 21:30
Hello

I really don't know where to start but about a week ago I was told something that has literally destroyed my family and tore us apart. Someone in my family has been lying to us for the whole of my life about something. I would like to write down what they've lied about but I'm not going to in respect of the rest of my family.

I've never felt so betrayed and feel like I've been stabbed in the back. I feel like the trust with this person has gone. It's bad enough that this person lied about something, but I'm been shocked by their behavior during this week. This person has been trying to start arguments with myself. This person has been so selfish the past week and is acting like they don't even care about the rest of the family anymore. This person is doing what they want rather than considering the families views. This person is trying to act normal and expects everything to go back to how they were despite the constant lying.

This person has not once said sorry. Certain other family members has been crying on and off all week and this person has not once comforted them. It's got to the point where I no longer want a relationship with them anymore. I've never felt so angry in my life. I can feel it inside me constantly and I just want to lash out and hurt this person. This person can't seem to get it into their thick skull that they've hurt their own family. The whole thing is on my mind constantly. I can't seem to forget about it or ignore it. I've tried doing things to take my mind off it but it's just there in my mind. If I'm not thinking about it, my family are talking about it. I'm not sleeping at night whilst this person is sleeping like a baby without a care in the world.

The hardest thing is knowing that you think you know someone and then one day something happens and then you realise the person you thought existed is a complete liar. You see them in a complete new way. My anxiety has gone through the roof. I feel sick most of the day and feel like I'm never ever going to get back to how I was a week ago. I feel like I'm alone with nobody to talk to about it. :weep:

crystal17
24-01-15, 21:54
HI, sounds like its really hurt you. And not just the thing they've lied about but the actions after, like no remorse and just carrying on with life while everyone else has to deal with the after effects.

All I'd say is it's early days, you're probably in shock right now. What seems to be consistent in life is that time passing brings new perspectives and understandings. So let yourself feel whatever you're feeling right now, it's to be expected and don't be harsh on yourself and don't fight the anxiety.

Not saying it will all be fine soon; it could take a while, but you'll find new strength after these early days pass.