PDA

View Full Version : my husband

nic77
11-01-07, 22:03
hi im wondering if you all could help me my husband suffers with depression and had done for several years his symptoms are

finds it hard to go out
cant talk to people
has to be at appointments dead on time and panics if his running late
has no motivation
hates loud noises
gets bored really easy

does any one else have these symptoms

im not mad its every one else

Krakers
11-01-07, 22:21
Hi Nicola - I can relate to a few of those. Now I know this may sound daft, but have you had a chat to him about it ? It just seems like the list is what you've observed.

I'm only asking because I only opened up to my other half a few months ago when I wouldn't leave the house. She was unaware of most of the things I told her. I felt stupid relating some of the things but talking helped.

I've also got a good GP. I was a bit worried he's think me a loon when I first went, but anxiety and depression are so common these days he put me right at ease. I'm currently on new medication and hopefully this will help.

Also my symptoms have been a lot more managable since coming on here and talking to others. What I'm trying to say is that its sometimes difficult to ask for help, but when you do you find its actually there for you. Maybe you could help him take that first step.

Krakers.

nic77
12-01-07, 15:27
thanks for your reply . thankfully he is now on medication i talked him into going after several months of arguments and us nearly splitting up . after all that he finally told me what the problem was. he does not like talking about his feelings at all thats why it took so long . but im glad he is getting better

im not mad its every one else