PDA

View Full Version : Inhaling mold from peach tree?

tan235
26-01-15, 01:58
Hi all,

So I have a peach tree in my yard and the peaches are all getting moldy.
I went out and whacked the tree with a spade and all the moldy ones fell to the ground but of course their spores went flying into the air.

I tried not to breath but I'm sure I must have inhaled some spores - is this dangerous?

Does anyone know if peach mold can contain mytoxicn or whatever it's called- that dangerous mold that can cause pneumonia and infect your lungs?

Not much I can do about it now and i shouldn't have done it but at least all the moldy ones are off the tree, now I just have to get them off the soil as well so they don't infect the soil.

Should i wear a mask or is it ok?

Thank you!

Please reply if you know I know it's a stupid question but I'm trying not to 'freak' out.

---------- Post added 26-01-15 at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was 25-01-15 at 23:57 ----------

anyone?

.Poppy.
26-01-15, 18:32
Most of the time, mold is harmless. Otherwise we'd all risk getting very sick when cleaning out the fridge!

As long as you don't spend massive amounts of time in a house that is filled with mold (a rare situation) you'll be fine.

Personally, I think that people have an irrational fear of mold, and that it's overhyped. But, I guess a lot of HA is irrational fear.

Try to relax :)

Dan Wales
26-01-15, 19:19
I believe you will be ok. The best thing to do is try to stay calm.

tan235
27-01-15, 06:31
ha ha Dan ... asking a HA to stay calm is like asking the moon to stop the tides - it aint gonna happen!

:)
I"m over it though now, I figure if it is affecting me then I"ll just have to wait it out.
I have that awful anxiety symptom of not getting enough air into my lungs so I"m trying to calm my anxiety so I can at least breathe - I hate that symptom.