PDA

View Full Version : what a lovely bunch you are!

kirstiec
11-01-07, 23:12
I just wanted to thank those who replied to my topic last night, and to say hello to anyone who's joined since.

As it was only my 2nd episode, I can only compare it to the first one (the one that had me calling an ambulance for fear I was dying from a heart attack). The 2nd one was milder and shorter - I think purely because I knew what was happening to me, and had an idea what to do (focus on breathing, tell myself it won't last long, a good few drops of rock rose, and eventually a valium to get to sleep).

Today I have felt exhausted, as I did after the 1st attack. Trying to hide it from colleagues is hard. I'm going through a promotion process and am more or less guaranteed the position, but don't want anyone to think I'm unfit.

Also - does anyone have freaky dreams after an episode? I mean REALLY FREAKY compared to your normal "mm that was a bit odd" type? I won't bore you with the detail, but I was being bullied, tortured, verbally abused en masse, and generally ridiculed in front of hundreds of people. Suprised I didn't wake up with panic actually...

Hope everyone's coping OK. I feel better for knowing you're all out there.

Take care, Kirstie

Piglet
12-01-07, 10:07
A big welcome to the site Kirstie :D

It's very common to have really 'hectic' dreams if we are anxious - I have some that I can't even begin to explain!!

All the best with the promotion.

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

darkangel
12-01-07, 11:48
A big welcome to this site.

I agree, I think when our minds are in overdrive we can have very graphic dreams - try not to think too much into them though - they are only pictures in our mind.

Take care and hope today is a good one for you

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving