PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Panic Attacks

phil1987
26-01-15, 10:52
I had got over my anxiety towards the end of last year but it has returned since the turn of the year.
Resulted in having time off work, symptoms typically include a tight chest, back aches and chest and ribs ache also. Like a lot of people on here I am worrying it is heart/lung related as I often feel like I need to take a deep satisfying breath but can't always manage it which makes things worse. EGC test had been done by a medic which the doctor has looked over and both said is normal except for a high heart rate of 120 but it was done during a panic attack so it is undsrstandable!.. Recently started feeling very down as its a case of feeling like I can't go anywhere without feeling really uncomfortable.. Including not being able to go out to see my counsellor.. Woke up this morning with back and chest ache which I'm sure is from being tense and not breathing correctly, however it is still in the back of my mind that there is more to it. I guess what I'm asking is if other people have similar issues and how did you get through it etc

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

And to add to that I typically feel worse in situations where adrenaline would kick in for example exercising, watching sport and even sex.. I guess as I am aware of my heart beat more as I am thinking about it..

Katki
26-01-15, 12:09
BREATHING EXERCISES!

I hold my breath a lot, and sort of ''crack'' my breast bone by tensing forwards a lot, I have actually bruised myself all over my chest from prodding and poking around.

You have to sag your body, breathe as normally as possible and your body will gradually settle down and re-learn normal breathing. I feel like a different person when I am breathing properly. It can cause so many more problems when you're not.

You just have to get out there and live your normal life. The more you stop doing things the harder it gets. It might feel uncomfortable at first but go through it.

phil1987
26-01-15, 12:35
Thanks for the reply.

I've been breathing in through my nose, holding my breath and then breathing out for longer, it has seemed to help. A lot of the trouble is having negative thoughts, half the time I feel like I'm waiting for a panic attack to happen, or I'm expecting it to so I do understand I'm bringing them on myself a lot of the time. I'll tell myself if I go out somewhere I'll start to feel bad, so I'm probably noticing any slight change in how i feel and turning it into anxiety