PDA

View Full Version : Valerian

Dan Wales
26-01-15, 17:51
I have heard of Valerian mentioned on the forum. What is it will it help anxiety?

Katki
26-01-15, 18:04
I swear by it, but some people do not feel an effect. I take it with lots of other things like inositol, magnesium, probiotics, coq10 and rescue remedy. I get no side effects from valerian. It definitely takes the edge off. I would say try it and see.

Dan Wales
26-01-15, 18:20
I swear by it, but some people do not feel an effect. I take it with lots of other things like inositol, magnesium, probiotics, coq10 and rescue remedy. I get no side effects from valerian. It definitely takes the edge off. I would say try it and see.

Where can I get it from?

jimsmrs
26-01-15, 18:33
Health shops like Holland and Barrett. And you can order it online from them

RubyToo
26-01-15, 18:56
I just ordered some from ebay, free postage. worth a try

Dan Wales
26-01-15, 19:04
Thanks guys. I will try health shops and E Bay

venusbluejeans
26-01-15, 20:10
not sure if any of you take any other medication but you can not Take Valerian with ssri's

ConnieT
11-02-15, 08:50
I take valerian quite a lot. It definitely helps me. I find the kalms night time type are the best (sainsbury's sleep aid is great). I take two if I'm feeling bead and within a little while the edge goes off the anxiety. Although they are sleep aid tablets I find that they only make me sleep well when I go to sleep. They don't make me sleepy while I'm still awake, so I'm still safe to do my daily stuff. I guess each person should be sure before they go driving or something though.
Valerian tea is a really good way to take valerian. It seems to get in your system quicker but this has been known to make me sleepy so I would only have that at night (and it stinks).

Pete_uk
13-02-15, 19:53
not sure if any of you take any other medication but you can not Take Valerian with ssri's

No one told me that! Ignorance is bliss I suppose! :ohmy:

I do feel they help me quite a bit. I try and get them when H & B are having a penny sale or something