PDA

View Full Version : how can i stop looking for symptoms

wins829
26-01-15, 21:17
Every morning soons I open my eyes I already automatic ask myself where I don't feel right today. and than start to searching all over my body. Is there have a extra lump.where is in pain. Where is feel different. I'm sick of this. But how can I stop this.

looloo92
26-01-15, 21:57
I can assure you, you are not alone :weep:
Unfortunately I am exactly the same as you - I wake up and start to scan my whole body frantically searching for new lumps and bumps to panic about for the rest of the day. It is horrible.
All I can say is (like me) start to try and conceive that if something is going to happen, it is going to happen and we have no control over it - But don't panic about it until it actually happens as we are wasting our lives away worrying about things that may not be there. Driving ourselves mentally insane! Try and make a point of not scanning your body when you wake up. Resist the urge and this may help over time to reduce the anxiety you feel
Lots of love :hugs:

wins829
26-01-15, 22:12
Looloo I don't know how much time I told myself stop scanning my body. Stop be so sensitive about my body. But just so hard. The feeling is there so real.

tiffanymcnulty
26-01-15, 22:20
I do the exact same thing. "Oh man, my side really hurts today. Must be my liver failing." "God, my back hurts. Maybe I have kidney problems or spinal issues." "I have tingling numbness this morning. I wonder if they missed MS." "I have a twitch under the arch of my foot. Maybe I have ALS." "My head and neck hurt this morning. Brain tumor?" "My bowels are strange today. Could it be a silent killer like colon cancer?" "My eyes are being funny. Maybe I have tumors or diabetes." Health anxiety is relentless. I've had a lot of tests (obviously not all possible tests, but still), and I still think this way. I've heard CBT helps. But I think having support from people around you can also help. Avoiding Dr Google is also really important. I'm still learning that one. And if those don't help, anxiety medication, both pharmaceutically and naturally, are available.

wins829
26-01-15, 22:45
Tiffany i try my best not visit Dr Google now those day.I would say 95%of the time I'm not use Dr Goole. I feel is a period of time. Like I will get better for 3 week or so. And few unwell for a week or two. My husband call that anxiety period.is sucks we suffer from this sickness. I wish one day I can fully recover.