PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone! Could really do with some support .. Lymph Node help?!

looloo92
26-01-15, 21:45
Hi everyone! I am desperately hoping that somebody somewhere can try and help put my mind at rest. I am new on here and this is my first post.
I am quite literally going out of mind right now. I have a swollen lymph node on the left hand side of my neck, just next to the collar bone - It isn't painful, just irritating because I can feel it there all the time (especially when I turn my head in a particular direction, kind of feels like it is bulging)
I am convinced right now that I have Lymphoma and I have genuinely never felt more terrified in my whole life. I saw my doctor, however he was originally reluctant to give me blood tests and referred to it as 'just a bit swollen' After pushing now for the past 2 months I have eventually seen another doctor who has given me blood tests today - Alongside this she has also booked me in at the local hospital for an ultrasound scan and a needle biopsy. I am so so so scared. I am desperate for some kind or reassurance? Has anyone ever had this? Just one lump in the left hand side - Kind of 'spongey' almost and moveable. But it is considerably bigger than the nodes in the right hand side of my neck, possibly double the size. I have had 2 minor colds over christmas, but nothing to shout about.
Please please help me. I feel so alone. I try to speak to my partner / parents however I think they are sick of me talking about it so im just bottling it all up inside. Im driving myself insane!!!! D: D:

venusbluejeans
26-01-15, 21:50
Hiya looloo92 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: