PDA

View Full Version : Can't focus on moving objects.

RedXIII
27-01-15, 01:19
Has anyone on here even experienced the inability to focus on moving objects.

I feel this mostly when watching tv or scrolling down through a webpage. Its kind of scary, I can imagine that it is normal for things to blur, but I can't remember what it is supposed to look like... :S

flipsake
27-01-15, 15:33
I just tried this with this website and it is in fact very difficult to have it in focus unless it is moving very slowly. Maybe I could have done better when I was 18 but now I'm 46. My wife has asked her optician about the fact her eyes now focus more slowly and he said it's just part of ageing.

If you're concerned an eye test is very easy to arrange. Do you have glasses or regular check ups ?

Another thought that pops into my mind is that your posting this in the HA forum and becoming hyper aware of things that are in fact normal is our way of life. I'm doing IT myself right now.

RedXIII
27-01-15, 17:12
I have been to an ophthalmologist. He said that my vision is excellent and said he saw no anomalies in my eye.

I cant seem to find any information on the internet about this... I was playing a typing game to distract myself when I noticed it.

Do you find that the word blur as they come up on the screen?

http://www.rapidtyping.com/online-typing-games/fruit-swordman-typing.html

Mindknot
27-01-15, 17:34
If you are only talking about things on computers, that's just how it is. It's not scrolling but hundreds of millions of pixels of light changing every millisecond. The quality of our screens these days leads us to believe that everything on one should be crystal clear all the time, but it never is. Sure it's fine, just don't spend so long looking at the screen, you should give your eyes a break every now and then.