PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged lymph nodes?

Liv7117
27-01-15, 04:10
Hi, I'm posting here again about my enlarged lymph nides because I'm getting very anxious about them. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar. I'm a 16 year old girl and have large lymph nodes under each side of my jaw. They feel long, like they are connected to other lymph nodes and are painless and hard. They are moveable which I know is good but the fact that they are so hard and matted scares me. I also have a hard lymph node on my right collarbone. I have had these lymph nodes for the past 4 yrs, but I'm pretty sure the ones under my jaw have grown. I rarely ever get sick and can't think of anything that would cause them to swell like this. I'm so scared it's cancer

Tammylee
27-01-15, 04:34
Hi sweetheart,
do you have any other symptoms?
I had swollen lymph nodes in my neck when I had glandular fever around 5 years ago, I too was scared to death it was cancer.
Have you been to see your doctor yet?

looloo92
27-01-15, 10:18
Hi Liv,
I am experiencing something similar to you right now. My Lymph Node on the rleft hand side of my neck is swollen - I have been to the doctors and had blood tests & am awaiting the results. They are also booking me in for a needle biopsy (aarrrghhhh!) and I am terrified - So you are not alone on this one! Have you been to see a doctor about these? Why don't you request a blood test as I have done to try and put your mind at ease a little bit .. I think until you see a doctor you will just convince yourself more and more - I suppose if you have had them for 4 years and haven't really been ill / had any other symptoms then my guess is you ae fine :) 'Shotty' lymph nodes are nodes that will just never go down for no reason- Ever! You may just have these! Please go to a doctor though just incase :) x

Liv7117
27-01-15, 16:56
I've been to an ENT because I'm worried that I have sinus cancer and while I was there I showed him the lymph nodes under my jaw but he just felt them very quickly and said I was fine. I had a CBC done in October and everything was fine but I was slightly low in iron.

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

Can't be normal to have matted lymph nodes, or is this always a sign of cancer?

Fishmanpa
27-01-15, 17:33
I've been to an ENT because I'm worried that I have sinus cancer and while I was there I showed him the lymph nodes under my jaw but he just felt them very quickly and said I was fine. I had a CBC done in October and everything was fine but I was slightly low in iron.

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

Can't be normal to have matted lymph nodes, or is this always a sign of cancer?

Did the doctor specifically say they were "matted"? If an ENT has given you the all clear and your bloods were good, especially in light of your fears, then it's time to move on. I had Head and Neck cancer and I can assure you the nodes were VERY obvious. I would be jumping for joy if I got that report!

Positive thoughts

Liv7117
27-01-15, 19:52
The ENT never said they were matted but they definitely feel like that to me, either that or they are just extremely long. when I move them to the front of my jaw I can see them in the mirror and they are about 3/4 of an inch long. I have a ct scan of my sinuses on Friday to see if I could have a tumor but I'm so worried about it right now