PDA

View Full Version : Anal skin tags

Pet59
27-01-15, 06:04
A bit of an embarrassing one.

I have had anal skin tags for a while now - years in fact. Im 36, female. About two years ago I went and got them checked out by the doctor. He said two were skin tag and one was a pile. I made an appointment to get them removed but ended up missing the appointment, not through fear but because something actually did crop up.

Anyway, two years later, they are still there. Now and again they bleed, not very much and always fresh blood and just on the poop, not in it. Maybe once every few weeks. Is this the skin tags, the pile or perhaps a fissure (which I have previsouly suffered from)? My biggest concern of course is something sinister.

Have spoken to a friend and she says she has a pile that bleeds from time to time. Are skin tags just skin tags or aret hey polyps? Is that something completely different?

Any help or advice appreciated.

tan235
27-01-15, 06:25
Hi!
I"m not a medical professional or anything and I"m really only replying as I know your anxiety and it's awful when no one replies ;)

Skin tags are normally 99% of the time benign and nothing to worry about, they normally do grow and some can become quite long and embarrassing - I know as I've got one in a very private place ;)

Piles - they don't normally stick around - they go and come back.
They definitely cause bleeding though - especially if you're pushing to hard.... to go poop!

Skin tags are not polyps.

I'd go and get the Dr to check that it is the piles or a fissure causing the bleeding.

I wouldn't even worry about the skin tags.
Sounds to me like you're absolutely fine!

Annie0904
27-01-15, 10:36
It sounds to me that it is piles or fissure causing the bleeding not the skin tag. I have a skin tag in the same area and they can be a nuisance. I was going to get mine removed a few years ago and was actually booked in for the op. I then fell off a ladder and fractured my foot and didn't think it was a good idea to be in pain with my foot and my bum so I cancelled :). My doctor said that he wouldn't bother with the op if it was him so I have decided just to accept the skin tag :)

Serenity1990
27-01-15, 10:59
I had a skin tag on my meat n' veg years ago when I was a teenager. I ended up removing it myself using a method I invented myself, was about as sterile as pig swill and hurt like a dagger fired by the baby Jesus himself.

I somehow can't imagine myself doing this now; perhaps health anxiety has its uses.

Yogi
27-01-15, 21:47
I had a skin tag on my meat n' veg years ago when I was a teenager. I ended up removing it myself using a method I invented myself, was about as sterile as pig swill and hurt like a dagger fired by the baby Jesus himself.

I somehow can't imagine myself doing this now; perhaps health anxiety has its uses.

:roflmao:
You have a great turn of phrase there Serenity!

Annie0904
27-01-15, 21:52
:roflmao:

Fishmanpa
27-01-15, 23:35
As long as there's no price on that tag, you're good :D

Positive thoughts

Serenity1990
27-01-15, 23:39
You can have it for the price of postage if you like?

Annie0904
28-01-15, 08:46
It's good that we can find humour in our afflictions :D