PDA

View Full Version : Anxious over dirty surfaces/toilets ect..

phil06
27-01-15, 15:20
I have been really bad lately. I stay at my parents and my toilet never flushes properly and needs unblocked quite often. I fear the floor will be dirty if any water splashes there or fear people touching things in my room if they have been near the toilet.

I also have to have towels kept out the bathroom now as I fear theres too many germs there.

I am planning on moving out so I will have more control over germs if I clean the bathroom anyway but short term I have to deal with this. Sometimes I throw stuff away if it doesn't feel the same anymore. For example someone touched my door handle after not washing there hands so I have to wash my hands every time I touch it even though I did clean it..

Anybody else have issues like this? :blush:

Oosh
27-01-15, 17:42
Turn it upside down. Having a sterile environment weakens your immune system. A weak immune system leads to illness.
Association - a sterile environment =an increased vulnerability to illness.
Welcome a normal, non sterile environment. It strengthens your immune system which keeps you well.

Just a change in perspective that's all. Change those associations around.

Sunflower2
27-01-15, 18:31
I'm like this. I have OCD and tend to see germs on every single surface and feel like everything around me is dirty. It results in me wanting to wash my hands continually, being in constant fear of getting ill and refusing to touch my food or face unless I've washed my hands very well.

You say you want to move out to control your environment and the germs, but could you turn it round and change it so that the obsession looses its control over you and you don't need to feel so anxious about your surroundings all the time?

phil06
28-01-15, 00:35
Basically since the toilet never flushes it's been a nightmare for my anxiety. So many dirty surfaces and when it's unblocked I get more anxious about bits of tissue touching surfaces ect

I don't know how to get over such a horrible dirty problem. It's not one everybody has i just feel moving out would resolve alot of my issues. I admit I will get anxious if the toilet is not flushing but hopefully it doesn't happen often.

I fear my clothes are dirty, surfaces everything. What if when I move out I fear all my belongings are dirty?