PDA

View Full Version : Panic after long running virus

lully
27-01-15, 17:36
I have had a Bronchial virus since Christmas Day. Had 2 courses of Antibiotics, saw GP who confirmed my chest is now clear of infection. So why do I feel so very anxious and in a panic at times? Have had this before after contracting a virus and I cannot remember how I lifted out of it. Always worrying about what is going to happen next even worried about my cat. I feel somehow detached from life and what is going on around me. Doctor put me on a short course sedatives but I know the medics hate prescribing them because of the highly probable addiction problems. Started taking them yesterday and, of course, I am finding it even harded to concentrate.

Has anyone else experienced this, and, if so, got any ideas to help please

Katki
27-01-15, 18:09
This is how my anxiety started 2 months ago now, mine was a gastro virus.

My mum has also been affected, and feels ''plugged in'' at times. I have just been prescribed Propranolol which, supposedly, helps with that plugged in feeling. I would try not to take things like valium if possible.

There are also natural things you can take, I take inositol (I reccommend this to everyone so please try it - you can get it online if you google it) and valerian, which help well. I will stop these before I try the Propranolol though.

My personal theory on this is that a virus can affect your nervous system in a lot of cases. You have also taken 2 lots of antibiotics which can really knock you for six and cause you to become unbalanced and many people report depression after illness and antibiotics. Remember post viral symptoms can go on for months. Sometimes it's a case of purely waiting it out.

Get your body back on track as naturally as you can - . That's my advice. Holland and Barrat have loads of things which can help restore your body's balance. Take vitamins which help immune system etc.

jimsmrs
27-01-15, 19:23
Hi

I had a severe stomach virus a couple of years ago and it left me with chronic fatigue for months afterwards. At first I didn't believe the damage it can cause. I always thought I was pretty healthy. Any virus can knock a person sideways.

I tried the natural route at first, but they didn't suit me, but everybody's different.