PDA

View Full Version : The only medication that works for me

justinb74
28-01-15, 12:18
Hi, I'm 40 years old and have suffered with severe anxiety since I started getting terrible panic attacks at about 22 which felt like I was having a heart attack. My family's private doctor prescribed me bromazepam, a 6mg pill which you could break into 4 pieces and this seemed to help. I continued to take these for a few years. At about 30 I moved to Kent and the private doctor retired. I Joined a GP practice in Kent but they would not prescribe me any type of benzodiazepines but put me on anti-depressants which I've now been on for six years and tried three different types. These didn't help me at all so started drinking every time I'd get bad anxiety which led to me damaging my pancreas. I now buy diazepam from someone I met through another chat room I find that they really help. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

hanshan
28-01-15, 12:34
I don't have a similar experience, but I can understand your situation. Long-term benzodiazepine use has been labelled unacceptable in the medical community, and as a result some doctors would seem to prefer that their patient became alcoholic rather than dependent on benzodiazepines (which is ridiculous).

I am not advocating benzodiazepine dependence. On the other hand, I think there are a lot of benzodiazepine-dependent people who are functioning okay. Why target them?

You can try different doctors until you find someone sympathetic. There are also non-AD medications like pregabalin which may be helpful for anxiety, and a doctor may prescribe.