PDA

View Full Version : peri menopause?

ninnie
28-01-15, 20:53
Hi
anybody gone through or going through menopause recognise these syptoms?
Periods further apart. They were a bit irregular last year, but now I missed one, had one and now I am late again.
excess clear discharge, a bit gooey and like you would usually get on ovulation
needing to pee a lot, but not all the time
looking old:mad:
my doctor has advised me to book in for a blood test, but I have to wait for my period to start and my last one was xmas eve, so no chance of getting a test that day.
thought my period had started last weekend, but it stopped almost immediately and I have seen nothing since.
trying not to worry, but ........

Annie0904
28-01-15, 21:52
It sounds very much like the menopause to me.

ninnie
28-01-15, 22:25
Thanks Annie
just been looking thru some pld posts and funnily enough there are people with self same symptoms.
Hope I get a period soon and then I can get bloods done to confirm my hormone levels.
never thought id be hoping for my period to arrive:wacko:

Annie0904
29-01-15, 10:55
The problem is that blood test results for hormones during peri menopause are not always accurate as they fluctuate so much during menopause. My test results didn't show it until I was post menopause.

jimsmrs
29-01-15, 13:56
The menopause symptoms can be different for different people. My periods stopped, just stopped, at the age of 49/50, I'm 57 now.

I had the piddling all the time, but no discharge at all!! Then hot flushes, like I was being pumped full of hot air.

Took HRT for about 4 years, but had to stop them because I was diagnosed with a Thyroid problem and the HRT was interfering with the Thyroid meds.

What I have noticed is even though I'm not having periods, I still get a bit pre-menstrual around about the time my periods were due:shrug:

But be careful you can still fall pregnant.

Brunette
06-02-15, 21:04
Sounds similar to what's happening to me.

In the last few weeks I've had really sore boobs, the clear, drippy discharge, then what seemed like a light period followed almost immediately by a heavy one (or maybe it was all one long one).

Hot flushes seem to be two weeks on and two weeks off.

It's delightful.

peach
07-04-15, 05:09
I've been wondering if I'm starting it. Just turned 41 and very often feeling hot! Period seems to take a few days to fully come and I've definately been cranky and more emotional before I'm due, also more mucus type stuff around ovulation. Does it sound like this is it?