PDA

View Full Version : Toothache - worried about pain relief

LauraWoo84
29-01-15, 00:30
Hi all

I have IBD and have suffered a lot in the last 7 months and have put off fixing a tooth due to all my bowel pain and various medication I have been on. I have had gum ache underneath a tooth all day. I've put some pain relief onto my gum and tooth and now I'm freaking out in case it makes me sick.

I am so fed up right now and feel very low

.Poppy.
29-01-15, 02:07
Can you elaborate on why you think fixing your tooth will irritate your IBS? Is it something you'd have to go "under" for (and you're concerned about that)? Or are you concerned about post pain medication being irritating (in which case you may not even have to take it). Definitely concerns to bring up to your doctor/dentist, as if there isn't risk there's no reason to suffer.

That said, I'm assuming what you used tonight is some sort of oral numbing agent? Doubtful it will bother your gut or even make it that far. Use as much as you need (following the directions on the label of course!!) to make yourself feel better.

I'm sorry you feel so low right now; dealing with pain is never, never fun. Here's to hoping you feel better and know we are always here for you!

LauraWoo84
29-01-15, 21:12
Thanks poppy, I've been in pain on and off for the past 20 months whether it be with muscle spasms or IBD and the toothache seems to be last straw right now. I am really am low right now and oh so very tired. I want to get better and my brain is ready together better but my body doesn't seem towant to let me

I just want it tostop

Yogi
29-01-15, 22:08
Big hugs... Have sent you a message. I'm having a crap day too.
Xxx