PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to talk too who understands!

Lee222
29-01-15, 07:41
Woke up this morning feeling highly sensitised and disorientated. Couldn't drive my son to college because as usual my thoughts are all over the place and I keep thinking I'm going to go into panic mode. I have an interview today after being out of work for over 2 years and I am terrified to even get into my car to drive to the interview as I'm experiencing depersonalisation and feelings of dread. I could really use some advise from someone, anyone. What do I do? When does it get better. I have very good days and then days like today and all I want is to feel normal again!

Foxine
29-01-15, 08:22
Dear Lee, you feel like this cause stressful events trigger such reactions, unfortunately. When I was going to job interview to my current work I got swollen hands(visibly) , read spots over my neck and depersonalisation. I went there though and I realized that they didn't notice it. They didn't know me and it was obvious that potential candidate could be stressed. They didn't know how my hands normally look and if I have skin problems or not. I even made some mistake during testing my skills and yet I got the job just case they figured out I have some potential even though I wasn't and am not perfect. I know it's difficult and you feel bad, but try to be understanding to yourself. Maybe also plan something nice for the evening to have something to look forward to? I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that everything goes well. :)

evanruden
29-01-15, 15:05
Here are some quotes about stress I try to live by.

"Anxiety does not make sense, so dont try to make sense of it."

"You cannot go around anxiety, you have to go through it."

You are not alone in the feelings you have. Stress makes everyone, including those who dont have anxiety/panic, think a bit irrational.

CA88
30-01-15, 01:51
Repeat the mantra to yourself 'it is normal to feel anxious in this situation so it's fine to feel anxiety' and stop worrying about it.. Easier said than done and I'm still not the master of it, but I can be free of my panic attacks within 30 secs to a minute if I feel them coming on now, which is an improvement for me!

Lee222
30-01-15, 17:03
Thank you so much everyone. Just having such a bad time lately. My dad passed away 3 months ago and I've had anxiety daily to the point where I can't even drive my car without panicking. I was doing so well up until 3 months ago. I even weaned off meds after taking them for 2 years. I'm just keeping the faith though and working through it day by day. I believe and i know it will get better. Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement.

Foxine
30-01-15, 18:35
It's no wonder you have a bad time, but you're very brave having such an attitude. Lots of hugs for you... :hugs: I hope that your job interview went well.