PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack on bus after missing dose of meds

KaeC26
29-01-15, 12:15
Hey. Just wondered if anyone can relate. I am on Sertraline for anxiety and have been for a few months. I started due to high levels of anxiety due to buying a house and confrontations with my Dad. I have had anxiety for years and years though and CBT never helped so they put me on meds. I have had a couple of panic attacks over the years but nothing much. I missed one dose of my Sertraline and my anxiety hit the roof. Yesterday I had an awful panic attack on the bus. I got bad chest pains and also started scratching at my wrist until it was red raw. It seemed to help me doing that though. I have never really self harmed before. Only scratching a lot. How long do you think this anxiety and panic will last after missing only one dose? I feel like I am back to the beginning again :unsure::weep:

Gregor
29-01-15, 12:53
Hi,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I just wonder, were you acutely aware of not taking your meds that day? Sometimes it can be psychological in that because you're worrying about not taking your meds, you then panic because of it.

The best thing to do is forget that one incident and get back out and about. If you let this one moment overcome you, it will be harder in the long run.

Hope you feel better soon,

Gregor

KaeC26
29-01-15, 16:21
Hi Gregor. Thanks for replying, no I didn't realise I had missed a tablet until the next morning when I noticed I had skipped a day. Thanks for your support. I am feeling a bit down right now as my 15 year old cousin is terminally ill and just got told he will probably die either today or tomorrow :(.

Kirsty

Gregor
29-01-15, 17:46
Hi Kirsty,

I'm really sorry to hear about your cousin. That would be enough to make anyone feel down. It must be a huge challenge for you to cope with that and suffering panic attacks, etc.

Just try to see that day on the bus for what it was - just one random moment.

I truly hope things get better for you soon :hugs:

Gregor

WinterLouise
03-02-15, 08:43
I'm also on setraline- I notice if I've missed a dose I get horrible headaches and that's when I notice- opps I missed my tabs today so imo yes it can cause panic or other symptoms if missed, we all react differently though