PDA

View Full Version : anxious about flu symptoms! for god sake! :(

flutterbuy
29-01-15, 14:18
:weep:hi guys so i have what i think is the flu or maybe viral im not sure. but i have a blocked congested and sometimes runny nose, did have sore throat but its eased alot, i also have this constant prickle typoe feeling back of my nose and throat chest feels heavy and got a dry cough and coughing up phlem (hardly any though) and heart rate feels fast (not sure if it actually is) and i just feel all together rubbish!! well i wasnt anxious about it until last night, now im aware of how silly this will sound but yinno how anxiety works right? my cat scratched my hand drawing a little blood, i forgot about it and about 5 mins later (gross i know) wiped my nose with my bare hand and since then i had a panic thought of the flu or viral getting into my blld and causing me great harm!! iv been anxious since and now my heart feels like its racing but im not panicking if that makes sense, iv had weird aches and pains all over for weeks and weeks and now the flu is setting them off worse and the hand the cat scratched has been worse and especially since the cat scratch my writs hurts to lean on it and i have shoulder pain and im sick of it :( i feel so bloody silly writing this but its that voice saying horrible things in your head1 anxiety!! it alwasy bloomin ins! :( can anyone offer some comfort, thank you :weep: ps im also getting hear palps :huh: xx

AlexandriaUK
29-01-15, 14:27
Sounds like you have that lovely bug that's going round, I had it before Xmas and it lasted on and off for about 5/6 weeks, I have UC and that causes heavy duty bleeding, try not to put everything your body does down to the worst case scenario, but make an appointment at your Drs and write down all your fears and go and see him/her.
Don't dwell on it, it will only get worse.

flutterbuy
29-01-15, 17:24
thank you Alexandria I really appreciate it, hate all the worry :'( xx

Yogi
29-01-15, 22:14
The virus is already in your system and you can't get anything different/worse from it entering through a scratch. It's already there so your body will recognise it as the same thing and continue fighting it.
Get well soon.. Seems to be loads of these cold and flu bugs around at the moment!