PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

Zaker
29-01-15, 14:37
Hello,

Really at the end of the line with regards to my citalopram treatment. Here is the summary:-

Started taking 20 mg on the 15.12.14

This was then increased to 40 mg on the 7.1.14

It is now the end of jan and there has been approximately 4 good days since mid December.

I have taken citalopram before and it worked and allowed me to function. It doesn't feel like it's working although my gp was adamant last visit that I am not giving it enough time.

I have to get back to work soon, I have started CBT but I think the overwhelming feeling at present is the medication has not kicked in.

I have been depressed, along with anxiety issues and OCD.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

nicola1980
29-01-15, 15:32
Hi, unfortunately I had the exact same when I tried to reinstate citalopram, it had always worked for me in the past but this last time it just didn't at all, I persevered for a couple of months too with my dosage being upped to 40mg but in the end I had to admit defeat and try another AD. I personally think you have given it long enough so I would go back to your Gp and see about trying something different. Apparently it isn't uncommon for an AD to not work second time around, I was told sometimes your body sort of becomes immune to it XX

Zaker
29-01-15, 15:47
You mentioned trying another Ad, any suggestions?

It's been 3 weeks on the 40mg do far

I've tried sertraline before but no good, felt 100 times worse and had it swapped out for citalopram

nicola1980
29-01-15, 16:09
There's quite a few different AD's you can try, I had to try a few after citalopram before I found one that helped. I would say that after 3 weeks on 40mg you should be seeing some benefits by now?

Zaker
29-01-15, 16:15
I'm gauging it on my daily behaviours and I am doing the BARE MINIMUM to get through the day. Dragging myself out of bed, dragging myself into the shower. After shower sit in the lounge.

Today I have had nothing to eat and hardly anything to drink. I have sat and watched tv since 11am and done nothing else. I have no motivation to do anything because I feel so flat.

The GP was insistent that I needed to allow more time for it to work. I feel I know the subtle difference of when I am starting to return to myself and how I am currently feeling.

I need to get back to my job, soon my pay will run out and I can't afford to be off

nicola1980
29-01-15, 16:58
I would def go back to your Gp, you should be seeing some improvement if you've been taking it since the middle of December, I had to be very insistent with mine as I felt I was geeting worse not better.