PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

bride2b
12-01-07, 12:27
Hello everyone Im so glad I've found this website as i've been feeling as if im the only person in the world that get panic attacks recently. I am due to get married on feb 16 of this year so not long to go. I am so excited about getting married but im am so worried I am going to get a panic attack when im standing there in front of everyone. This is making me get them quite alot recently. As the first panic attack I ever had was in a Church at a friends wedding I had to leave the ceremony as I thought I was going to faint and couldnt brreathe properly! Anyone who has advice for me please feel free to get in touch as I would really appreciate speaking to people who have felt like this and been married and how you coped. I was considering Hypnotherapy does anyone know if this works at all? I usually just avoid a situation where I think Im going to get one but as its my wedding I cant do this!!!

yorkylover
12-01-07, 12:54
Hello bride 2b,there is lots of support for you here.Im sure someone here will have some advise for you,Im not actually married but I can understand how you feel.I would be feeling exactly the same.Me and my partner have been together 24 years,still havent got married I wonder why!!!.I do hope it all goes well for you,you will have to keep us posted.;)

Ellen XX

weepinky
12-01-07, 14:22
Hello bride2b and a warm welcome to you, now this I am interested in! as I have been engaged for 2 years now but still cant bring myself to take the plunge for the very same reason!!!

Hope you find all the support and advise you need here.:D

Love

Pinky

kittykat
12-01-07, 14:46
Hi there ,

Welcome to the site, you'll find it helps a lot.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

Ma Larkin
12-01-07, 14:47
Hi Bride2b, welcome to NMP.

Go to your GP and ask him to give you something for the day. That's what I did when I was a bridesmaid for my sister last year. I also took my rescue remedy spray with me just in case, put it in my mum's bag and am glad to say I didn't need it.

When I got married I nearly fainted, but I managed to breathe my way through it. Make sure you have something to eat because I think that's why I nearly fainted. I was so nervous that I couldn't face food - I was scared to death of panicking. I took some Diazepam, which my GP gave me especially for that day and it worked a treat.

Les

manmoor
12-01-07, 15:11
Hi Bride2b,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
12-01-07, 16:29
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Congratulations on your forth coming wedding.

Take care

Trac xxx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

honeybee3939
12-01-07, 17:34
Hi

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.

Take a look at the first step pages, you may find them of interest.
First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
12-01-07, 19:12
Hi and welcome aboard.

We have had several marriages on here and all went well as the excitement of the big day took over any anxiety atall.

Good luck and lovely to see you here.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

fisher
12-01-07, 19:23
hi bride to be, i havent been married yet but i have all this to come, i suffer anxiety i am not bad now but in situations were my heart goes fast with situations i know i cant get out of i panic, i know how you must be feeling, the more thoughts you have of the situation it is probably making you worse, do you have to have evenings were you have to practice in church? if so set yourself some targets say to yourself if i can stay here 30mins i am doing good, just give yourself good positive thoughts like how nice it will be after the church, all the presents you will get and a nice honeymoon, buy the rescue remedy and spray abit before the church, dont forget people are expecting you to be nerves, is it a full nuptual mass were you are there a full hour? get a yoga video for relaxation, let me know how you get on, if i can be of any help my email address is buttonsj@3mail.com, good luck x

normalwisdom
12-01-07, 19:51
Hello and congratulations....

Does your hubby "to be" know how you are feeling? He will be there with you (obviously) and maybe he will be able to help you through it! Believe me its usually the men who are more nervous on thier wedding day so he may need your support too. As fisher said people will expect you to be nervous so if you have a bit of a wobble it doesn't matter it's your day.....you can do what you like!:D

Steph

groovygranny
12-01-07, 20:00
Hello and a big welcome to you, what a lovely username :)!!

When granny got married she tripped over the hem of her dress [Oops!] nearly knocking father over, came over 'all funny' (didn't know what it was back then!) and is still here telling you all about it!!

Take the advice that has been given and ENJOY your lovely day!!

lotsa luv

GG [8D]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

domino
12-01-07, 21:19
Hi , i totally agree with ma,larkin, It,s all the excitment of the day, try and enjoy it though ,the time will fly by and it,s a day that you want to remember for the rest of your lives. you will be fine ,think of something nice, or [as i did] focus on an object in the church and deep breaths, when you walk out of that church you will be MRS........... enjoy life together, be happy, and have a wonderful day. from all at n.m.p.:D:D