PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to calm down

paranoidjh
30-01-15, 10:16
As per my previous posts, I keep going light headed, not room spinning dizzy just light headed. Hadvan mri scan which came back clear and had blood pressure checks and blood tests all fine. Consultant thinks it will all stop once I calm down. Have tried sertraline didn't like it at all and am awaiting CBT. My question is does anyone have any idea as to how long it takes your brain to calm down once you've been in a highly anxious state and whether it will without medication which I am reluctant to take. Have been highly stressed/anxious for nearly 3 months due to worrying I have a brain tumour. Am 44 this year and am starting to think I'm menopausal. Help.

snowflake293
30-01-15, 10:28
Hey there, sorry you have been having such a difficult time *hugs* how long were you taking the Sertraline for? I only ask cause it can take a while to kick in, it took me a month to start feeling better.

I was in a highly anxious state before Christmas, so bad I couldn't eat or sleep and was heaving over the toilet every morning in a panic. It took me a few weeks to calm down with help from CBT sessions and medication.

Everyone is different though. I hope you feel better soon, I really do understand what you are going through xxx

paranoidjh
30-01-15, 11:13
Hi, I actually only took 1 25mg tablet as it freaked me out completely. I darent drive for over 12 hours, my head hurt so much and I felt sick. As it was the week before Christmas I did not want to feel like that as I have 2 children. I just need to try and calm down and forget about things but as I constantly have a fuzzy head it's hard. The tablets will not help with the fuzzy head either - they will make it worse. I am wondering if there's a milder medication as that one was awful.