PDA

View Full Version : advice please

herbie73
30-01-15, 15:42
Hi all, me again, just need advice, Ihave a tender spot on both sides of my ribs just below my boobs, i work as a cook and i am always slouching over, by the end of the week my back muscles always ache, what I want to know does anyone else suffer from this, its only if Ipress on the ribs iIcan feel the tenderness like they are bruised. Thanx xxx

AlexandriaUK
30-01-15, 15:47
Maybe you should get measured for a good support bra, but if its only hurts when you press it then it's very probably muscular, hot bath and see if heat helps.

Mindknot
30-01-15, 16:28
Think about how that posture would look from the side then imagine that those long muscles along your back are constantly pulled long, which means that the ones on your front (between your ribs) are all crunched up most of the day. They ache because the blood is not flowing into them on account of not being used. Stop every now and then, and readjust your posture, pull your shoulders back and down and pull up your rib cage - it's something that you've got to keep working at. I'm in the same position and this is what my osteopath told me, so I'm working on it :)

But also a good, properly fitting bra helps :)

herbie73
30-01-15, 18:20
Thanks guys, make sense xxx

anthrokid
30-01-15, 22:31
I agree with the above, standing in that way for long hours would definitely have an impact on your muscles. I know a few chefs who complain regularly about chest and back pain. Alexandria's advice is good, it might be really helpful to invest in a good support bra for working in the kitchen. It may be pricier than your usual bras, but would be very beneficial in the long run :)