PDA

View Full Version : Going "mental"

russ
12-01-07, 14:24
So there I was yesterday. I was having chest pains, couldn't get to the docs for over a week, then when my mom went outside the wind had blew the fence in!

I went out to help, we ended up arguing and I lost it. tried to rip the gate off the hinges, ran out the garden and wondered about for 30 minutes. Sat watching the trains go past, returned home, sat on the floor and cried for ages.

It all just come over me, I feel better today, but don't know why I flipped out like that? Frustration I think.

mirry
12-01-07, 14:40
yes sounds like it, if your the sort of person not to let people see your emotions when they have offended you, then you will get a build up and explode. So best to let it out a bit at a time, easy said than done tho.

Dont be ashamed for having emotions, we all have them.

mirryx

yorkylover
12-01-07, 17:02
Hi russ this happens sometimes.we can only bottle things up for so long and then it has to come out.If not, then we can become really poorly by bottling it all up.At least you went of a calmed down.It is frustration.

Ellen XX

darkangel
12-01-07, 17:47
hi russ

sounds like pent up frustration

this happens a lot with anxiety - look at the positive though - you had been experiencing chest pains prior to this and yet you managed to pull a fence off its hinges and run out the garden. So logically if you had severe chest problems - ask yourself would you have been able to do what you did?

Just something to think about maybe. PS its ok to flip out now and again - try not to worry too much about it

Take care
Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Piglet
12-01-07, 22:17
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">look at the positive though - you had been experiencing chest pains prior to this and yet you managed to pull a fence off its hinges and run out the garden. So logically if you had severe chest problems - ask yourself would you have been able to do what you did?

Take care
Darkangel

<div align="right">Originally posted by darkangel - 12 January 2007 : 17:47:52</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Spot on!!

We all have moments like this - like Mirry says if you can let it out before it gets too big then it won't upset you so much. Again like she says it is easier said than done!!

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.