PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks over being calm

melvin
30-01-15, 17:55
Hi guys
Can you tell me if this has happened to you my last couple of weeks have been very stressful to cut a long story short I went to docs 2 days ago and he gave me10 mg of citalopram iv had 2 so far but today I felt realy calm not thinking of anything just driving well this started to worry me as I thought hold on iv got something else coming on I did a quick mental thing in my head asking myself lots of mental questions and when I got home I went back to panicking I got a fear of mental health and heath anxiety

MyNameIsTerry
31-01-15, 05:49
Hi Melvin,

Its common to feel anxious over the fact you are having a good day, feel better or feel calm. I've heard this plenty of times.

We get so used to being anxious that the better days can feel weird or we can start to think that something 'could' go wrong and rather than accept it's just a good day, we ruin it by bringing back the anxiety.

As you recover, you learn to accept these bettter days and your view of them being 'odd' changes.

Next time this happens, try to think thats its ok and that its just a calm time and you accept it for what it is and that it doesn't mean anything else.

GingerFish
11-03-15, 10:16
I thought it was just me who felt like this! After a stressful period, my mind starts to calm down again and I end up panicking more at the fact I am not panicking!

Seth86
12-03-15, 19:53
Yeah having Anxiety for so long can cause you to panic about not having anxiety if you find yourself being calm! Sometimes if i get engrossed into a movie or game and then all of a sudden realize i haven't been panicking for a while the nerves in my body tense up and i throw myself into panic and start checking that i'm breathing properly and my heart is still beating lol