PDA

View Full Version : Tight chest. Scared.

Swk7
30-01-15, 21:03
Hi, this is going to be a bit of a ramble. Sorry.

I think my chest tightness started yesterday and last night I also got a sore throat. Today my chest is tight and my head feels pressurey however I have no mucus coming from anywhere and I can breathe clearly.

I'm just feeling so stressed out about this. I don't know what to do and I'm terrified im going to have a heart attack. I googled and I'm sure I have all the symptoms that a young (I'm 27) female heart attack victim would get.

I don't want to tell my husband as he'll think I'm crackers.

I do suffer with anxiety so I was wondering if perhaps I have subconscious anxiety going on maybe I do have propranolol to take as and when so maybe I should take one and see if it eases?

Thanks in advance for any support and advice.
Sarah

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Anyone?

Sorry to be impatient. lots of views and no responses makes me more concerned :(

anthrokid
30-01-15, 22:27
Chest tightness can be a symptom of anxiety, do it is possible that anxiety is the cause. I it can also be a symptom of a cold/flu as well, which is also possible given that you have a sore throat.

Unfortunately, no one here can give you a guarantee because they are not trained in medicine, only a doctor can give you accurate medical advice without a large degree for error. Often that is why people don't reply to threads - sometimes posts can be read in a way that asks for a yes/no answer, and a lot of people might not want to answer in case they give the wrong advice. In saying that, at 27 years old and with what you've described, I would not be considering a heart attack. However, if you are still really concerned, check in with your GP and see what they think. You could also call a 24 hour nurse hotline for advice as well.

CA88
30-01-15, 23:02
I honestly don't think it's a heart attack given your age, assuming there is no family history of heart trouble at an early age.

If it were a heart attack it would be much more all consuming. You'd also be pale, clammy and unable to think of much else. Honestly, it sounds like you may have the beginnings of a chesty cold or some such. Try not to worry.

If your symptoms are no better in a few days then see your GP, and tell them your concerns. They may look at you like you're mad but they'll also give you the reassurance you need :)

*disclaimer - I am not a doctor and have a limited amount of medical knowledge. An proper diagnosis can only be made by a doctor!