PDA

View Full Version : Dip in scalp

LauraWoo84
30-01-15, 21:33
I've noticed a dip or a ridge I think that is the best way to describe its on my right hand side and I'm not sure if I was born with it or if my anxiety is now bringing it to my attention or if there is something wrong with me. Trying not to panic just wishing I knew whether it's always been there.

scaredsick
30-01-15, 21:56
Totally weird I have this exact same thing on my left side just at my (slightly receding) hairline... Definate dent/dip.

Was it always there? I don't knkw

LauraWoo84
30-01-15, 21:58
Hi scared sick thanks for responding. I'm trying so hard not to freak out as I really don't know how long it has been there. Mine is located further back in my scalp.

Do you get any pain in that area

Fishmanpa
30-01-15, 22:03
Our heads are not made of porcelain. Everyone has bumps, dents, ridges etc. Just be glad you're not Klingon! ;)

Positive thoughts

.Poppy.
30-01-15, 22:03
There actually used to be a science called "phrenology" where people would study the shape of other peoples' skulls (including bumps and dips) with the belief that it determined personality/character. Obviously it's been disproved, but that just goes to show that we all have uniquely shaped heads!

And I'm sure if you've seen someone who is bald, you'll notice all kinds of strange indentations. Totally normal, everyone has them, it's just a little hard to notice if you have hair and don't touch your scalp all the time.

Try to relax :) I can't think of anything other than a severe head injury that would change the shape of your skull or create an indentation out of the blue. And surely you, or someone, would remember if you had such a severe injury.

anthrokid
30-01-15, 22:20
I also have one on my left hand side, never noticed it before having a feel now, so I assume it's always been there but I've just never been looking for it ;)

LauraWoo84
30-01-15, 22:34
Thanks everyone this has really helped to hear I am not the only one. I guess it's hust I had never noticed it before. Definitely never had a head injury