PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for results, nervous!

Liv7117
31-01-15, 22:30
Hi I'm a 16 yr old girl and and have been worried that I have sinus cancer. I got a ct scan done on Friday(yesterday) and am waiting to get the results. I am so nervous that they will call and say it's a tumor. I'm also scared after getting the ct scan that I will get cancer because of all the radiation. Any advice on how to deal with waiting for test results? Also does anyone know how long it takes for the results to be reviewed?

Munchlet
01-02-15, 00:29
Sinus cancer is very rare and I'm sure in a 16 year old it's probably unheard of.

Waiting for any test results is awful and we always think the worse but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

I don't think for one minute they will be looking for any type of cancer.

Take Care

spacebunnyx
01-02-15, 09:52
I completely agree... Sinus cancer is very rare anyway let alone in a 16 year old.

Ct scanners are pretty good these days... Extremely unlikely to give you cancer... And in the extremely unlikely event it did that would be in many years time when I'm sure there will be huge advances in treatment.

You're only young (sorry to sound patronising) but you shouldn't be worrying about these things. What do you think set you off?

Try to knock the anxiety on the head and once you get the all clear (which you will) go and speak to your gp or someone at school college to knock the anxiety on the head.

Liv7117
02-02-15, 03:24
Thank you for your replies, they were very helpful! I have the ct scan cd, and it's just so frustrating because I feel like I have the answers right in front if me but I can't understand them because I'm not a doctor. I just hope the doctor gets back to me soon with the results!

Beckie4567
04-03-15, 09:46
How did. Get on x

Toby2000
04-03-15, 17:21
Hi,

Sinus cancer is very rare, especially in a 16 year old. Just try not to worry, because it's practically unheard of at your age.

Good luck
Toby :hugs:

Liv7117
07-03-15, 00:03
Hi just wanted to update this, I forgot to update this! My results came back and the dr said my sinuses were 100% normal. No tumors or even sinusitis

swgrl09
07-03-15, 01:06
GLad you had good results. I had the same exact scan for sinuses in the fall ... I was terrified and convinced they'd find something, but was fine too. Now time to get working on feeling better!