PDA

View Full Version : Dilated pupils

LauraWoo84
01-02-15, 00:49
My pupils are dilated and won't reduce in size even with a light change. I've got a hot scalp and have tension in my scalp. Freaking out about my pupils

Petesy
01-02-15, 00:59
Hi Laura this used to happen to me and it'd freak me out usually when I'd been having poor sleep or in a bad state of anxiety.. My partners eyes are constantly like this pupils dilated all the time and she's not on anything lol, but i used to say to her look into the light on my mobile and nup they'd stay the same unusual, but certainly don't think it's anything to worry about.

Take care

Petesy x

LauraWoo84
01-02-15, 10:56
Thanks petesy for your response I really appreciate it. I hope you are right and it is just anxiety and a lack of sleep.

I'm wondering if it could be a side effect of trying to come off the amitriptyline I am on. I'm on the smallest dose of 10mg and been reducing it to 5mg every other day

LauraWoo84
04-02-15, 08:30
My pupils continue to be an issue, they don't seem to be reacting to light how they should be. My pupils seem to be dilated more than they should, I am wondering if this is why I am getting so many headaches. I am currently co isn't off of amitriptyline and wonder if this could be some sort of strange side effect. I am really getting worked up about it thinking I have a brain tumour.mi have had weird brain zaps recently too but again could this be due to coming off medication. I am due to see a doctor on Friday as I want some answers as to what is going on.

chrisjose1913
07-02-15, 00:01
My pupils are dilated and won't reduce in size even with a light change. I've got a hot scalp and have tension in my scalp. Freaking out about my pupils

This is pretty common when anxious, your mod can affect your pupils.

LauraWoo84
07-02-15, 00:08
This is pretty common when anxious, your mod can affect your pupils.

Thanks Chris I appreciate it, weird this is I don't feel as anxious as I normally can do