PDA

View Full Version : positive story

lauraebowes
01-02-15, 09:20
Hi I just thought I'd share that there is light at the end of the tunnel. So they say. I have suffered from.health anxiety and panic attacks for almost 6 years. I never ever thought it would stop and part of me thinks this is part of me now. But you kind of start to learn to live with it. Some days are better than others but I'm not half as bad as I was I'm more aware of this condition and once you accept it the better it gets. I still find it hard to explain to people on what it is and how it makes me feel but I think that's alot to do society I am so passionate about making mental illness more aware of I'm actually now studying to become a counsellor which has also helped me with my condition and in have also joined as a samaritan.I just wanted to share my story. Thanks for reading :)

wnsos
01-02-15, 10:14
This is such a great post to see, I hope those in the depths of HA read it and take it in: we can overcome this! You really do have to just start to live with it and when you start, it's surprising how much easier it ends up becoming. You're going to make a wicked counsellor :) always think the best kinds are those that have experience themselves!

jimsmrs
01-02-15, 13:34
Well done!!! I agree with you about it being hard trying to explain to people. I think if you're up and about and trying to carry on as 'normal' others think you're fine. If we broke out in a green rash or had a purple line around our necks, people would say ' aw that poor person, she/he is suffering from anxiety'.

best of luck with your studies!!

lauraebowes
01-02-15, 13:45
Thank you both for your reply it means alot. Don't get me wrong I still suffer but have learnt to accept things.thanks again :-)