PDA

View Full Version : suffering from severe anxiety

walker666
01-02-15, 12:44
Hello every one my name is michael I have suffered with anxiety for ten years.At the moment my anxiety is quite bad I'm doing every thing I have learned like keeping busy and getting on with things like I would normally but my mind just keeps coming back to how I feel.I'm not eating only getting a few hours sleep a night just wounding if any one else having this problem

venusbluejeans
01-02-15, 12:49
Hiya walker666 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

jimsmrs
01-02-15, 13:53
Hi and welcome

You need to eat to function or you'll get like a foggy brain and that will make your anxiety worse. Try just small meals, little and often even cuppa soups, toast or some fruit.

finnsdad
01-02-15, 22:59
Hello Michael,
I can only say how it went for me of course, but when I first realised "it" was actually anxiety and not any of the excuses I was making for myself, I went through the not eating etc, I still don't eat loads now, I have to carefully choose what to eat to turn it into a treat I suppose.
What I've found is that I'm sort of getting used to being anxious, and what was 100% terrible yesterday is only 90% terrible today, hopefully you'll learn to find a way to cope with it and still manage the important stuff :)

Dan Wales
01-02-15, 23:21
Hi Michael I am going through the same as you. I try to distract my self but my mind wonders back to my anxietys.